Monday, December 8

a long weekend

Finally a long weekend has arrived. I really badly needed it. I've not been so busy for a long long time. And honestly, this busy period is enough to drive me up the wall and send me into tears of frustration!

The thing that really frustrates me most is when I've already done the document in a nutshell, it's merging sheets and sheets of 2 excel files, removing duplicates and combine everything into just 1 file. It's not easy doing it in the first place and after that there are changes. And the creator of that piece of document is not able to tell me where or what the changes are! Frustrating can!

I've spent a few hours just going thru the doc and the changes comes in daily.. argh!! Worse is, that merged file is supposed to be a working file. We have to contact the students listed in the list to come for training and then to tell them of their duties for mad house. But with changes coming in daily, how on earth are we to know if we are training the right pool of students. We can possibly be training the students who are meant for other duties. It's a waste of my time and energy! And that list has more than a THOUSAND students to contact. Mad house is Jan 8-10 2009. Next week is term break. Means I only had last week, this week and the few days before mad house to contact and train all lor... hai...

Anyway, I decided I need a break, so I totally r&r on Saturday and Sunday. Really woke up as and when I decided to wake up, leisure meals and continue to just enjoy and sleep throughout the day.

We met up with our Poly friends for dinner on Sat and it was good to catch up with some of them after so long. By the time we were home, we were quited tired and just went to bed after shower and watching some lousy shows on TV.

Sunday, I finally decided to do some housework and that is to get all the dirty laundry to be washed. Sounds very minor, yes. But at times, it's really so hard to get my ass off and make myself do some housework. But thank goodness, I manged to get it all into the hot hot sunny sun yesterday for today was Mr Rainy at his best. Rained from morning till night without stopping!

And today, I must say the break for 2 days did wonders, I spent today tidying up the document again. Yes. The.entire.whole.day. But it was not too bad. The weather was nice and cooling in fact bodering on being cold. Hubby was busy revising for his exams so, there was minimal distraction from TV.

All in, I really had a good long weekend. Tomorrow will be another day. I was supposed to be on leave, made plans with Godma and Bro to catch up but last minutue I have visitors from Hong Kong. So no choice, will be back in office in the morning the moment they leave, I will go off too.

Come what may, will see to it as it comes.

A break really work wonders! =)

No comments: