This morning, I had a group of 13 India Indian boys, aged between 12 to 16 accompanied with 2 male India Indian teachers and 2 local India teachers for a visit to my campus.
Last minute, the Local teacher in charged decided that they should have lunch in my campus before leaving.
Hence, I went to make arrangements with one of my canteen operator for seats and tables for them.
After promising and making arrangements that I'll come back at 1.30pm to fetch them to the carpark, I left them alone and I went for lunch.
Fast forward to 1.30pm, I went to fetch them.
Somehow, something prompt me to make them do a headcount after we left the canteen. To all our shock and surprise, we are short of 1 little Indian boy!
Then began the panic and rush to look for this lost boy. My campus is huge ok! It's equivalent to the size of 60 football fields. Just where and how do we start looking for 1 boy?
None of his friends nor teachers can call him on his mobile because they don't have his number and they are from New Delhi, according to those present, they won't be able to reach him. Don't really understand.. but speaking to a group of India Indians and trying to understand what they say is tough. Very tough.
Some of the boys want to go and look for him. This gave me another shock. I lost 1, I don't want to loose another few. So together with the teachers, we told them to stay where they are and 2 teachers and I went to search.
After a frantic 20 mins search, my colleague called me, giving me some clue as to where this lost boy is.
I finally found him, seated comfortably in 1 of the admin offices in my campus. According to my colleague, he sounded ready to burst into tears.
Thank God my little Indian boy is found!
He got a bashing from his teachers and a great lot of teasing from his friends when he re-joined his group.
The poor boy must have been embarrassed.
Finally, manged to see them safely on the bus and send them on their way home.
During the tea break earlier on, another little Indian Boy came up to me and he said "Mdm, thank you for today. I would like you to have this" and he gave me gave me a little card with just 2 simple words "Thank You".
So sweet of the little boy right?!
This little boy is coming to 13 in Aug. He told me so himself.
The lost little Indian boy is not more than 15.
1 so sweet and 1 caused me to sweat.
Monday, July 6
2 little Indian Boys
Lovingly posted by
Saroette
at
9:38:00 PM


No comments:
Post a Comment