I most certainly hope that this year will be the LAST and final year that I got to be involved in the Tours bit of OH for the rest of my life. I really have had enough of the ever changing instructions and if its not bad enough, its the shouldering of blame and faults which results of someone's else incapability.
As per the previous years, I got the tours bit again - which is also the toughest of all the various duties. My role includes contacting all the student to come for briefing (via sms, Thank God I have access to the SMS system and can use it to broadcast to limitless number of students at 1 go. But the thing is, ALL the numbers must be correct, meaning, valid HP numbers, else the whole list will not be sent). So, after contacting the students to come for briefing, got to track who has come, who haven't.
During the briefing itself, they were ALL told explicitly to look and remember which days their duties are together with some other information la. What to expect, how to behave as well as what they are required to do.
The week leading up to the OH, I got calls from different students asking me "When and which day and what are their duties." Sigh... Tell them come for briefing, don't come. Tell them to see their duty shift, don't see. Really think I am so damn bloody free to check for them individually lor. Damn.
After all these tracking and answering of students on an individual basis, I still got to sms them the day before for their duty again, in case they forgot and believe me, these students WILL forget.
The worse is, these students can still come and say "I don't know what I am supposed to do" *Argh* really feel like strangling all of them when this happens!
Actually, all these are not the worse, over the years, sort of come to terms and just accept it. There's nothing that I can do except to repeat and sound like a broken recorder.
The worse this year is that, another staff who was handling the secondary teachers actually told these teachers that when the secondary students are done with the tour, the teachers will be informed and then can meet the students back at the carpark and get on the bus together.
This, 'additional svc' has NEVER been practiced and of course, if we are told that we need to inform the teacher, we will, but the thing is, we don't even know!
So, the teacher's students left on the bus without the teacher, the teacher went back to school in a frenzy in a cab, because, MOE's guidelines. Students MUST be accompanied by teacher. Hence, if on the way back, the students met with an accident or whatsoever, the teacher will be in trouble.
Naturally, the teacher was pissed and she sent us an email thru the career guidance teacher. This matter got blown up. Super. Blown. Up. All of us in the committee is now being 'investigated' lor. All thanks to the idiot staff who caused it.
What irked me even further is, this same bloody staff, in order to cover up for this matter, blew up another small matter. My student leader got lost and led the visitors to the wrong venue. Come on lor. Lost and go wrong venue is sooooo common till we just close an eye to it already. Of course, we admitted that our student guides are wrong to go wrong venue and we have also highlighted and stress to the students the venue. *sigh*
So, yes, this year OH was a bad year. We kena blamed for something which is not our error and incapability but yet got to shoulder on the blame. Damn pissed.
Can only hope and pray very hard that this will be last year that I got to touch this explosive tours.
And the worse of the worse is, there's a very very very high chance that once, my company gets my SIM certificate, I most likely will be working UNDER this bloody staff!
*ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH*
Sunday, January 17
Open House (OH) 2010
Lovingly posted by
Saroette
at
9:53:00 AM


No comments:
Post a Comment