Friday, July 25

The Sister's Convocation

The middle sister had her convocation earlier today in NTU.

The first Degree Holder in my family. Needless to say, my mother was highly excited over it and have been planning 1) What to wear. 2) How to wear her hair. 3) To give or not to give flowers to the graudate. 4) What flowers ever since she knew the date, day and time. Every weekend when I see her, this topic is on her lips. =/

Anyway, the session is early early at 10am in NTU. But the sister wishes us to reach at 8.30am, so that she will have time to doll, get ready and basically prepare for it la.

Thank God for Tri Tri lor, she also early early waited downstairs my place then drove to me to fetch my mom and sister and then sent us all to NTU. Helps that her office there too la. So instead of reaching at 8.30am, we reached at 8am.

SUPER DUPER EARLY lor.

I know graduations are super long, so we all went for breakfast before attending the convocation. The sister's friends began streaming into the canteen then after that, the girls were in a frenzy when they were in the ladies!!!

Adjusting that gown, the motar board and that golden strip... whatever it's called. We stayed in the ladies for at least 30 mins for them to get ready! I was a part time MUA (make up artist) for that time too lei. Helped them to doll and adjust adjust...And by the time they were all done, they looked like they've just walked out from Hogwarts as in Harry Potter lor!

Anyway, fast foward to after the boring speeches and individual graduate up on stage....

Presenting the sister...The hugeass bouquet came from the mother. I told her graduation flower is Sunflower lo. She say the florist say a bouquet of sunflowers not nice. So end up with I don't know what flowers in that graduation bouquet la.

I told the sister.... the mother better make sure I get an equally bigass bouquet when I graduate. Else, I'll be chanting "unfair. UNFAIR." right into her ears!

Part of the family la la team.... Short of my youngest sis and dad. Coz the sister only has 2 tickets for the ceremony. So only mom and me attended.

Her friends say we look alike wor. Got meh?!

Anyway... after so many years of slogging.... Finally 毕业咯!!!

The sister again after all her hard work in NTU! Well Done Sista!

P.s She complained that people get the graduation bear but I got her this figurine instead... my retort... so common lor that bear! This more special ma. whahahahahahaha....

Next up will be my turn to graduate from SIM! CAN'T WAIT!

No comments: