Sunday, September 20

Back dated post - Revisit to Watami

I din have time to do a proper post on our visit to Watami at Clarke Quay, their 2nd branch in Singapore.

After the first visit to Watami (ION) for sis's bday lunch, I was in fact quite pissed off. 2 hours for our food to arrive and still have to argue with them is not my idea of a nice lunch.at.all.

So, I made an online feedback.

The marketing comms person apologized profusely and she invited me and 3 other friends to the branch at Clarke Quay for another lunch. The branch at Clarke Quay was not yet opened then. I got my sis, her friend and hub to go with me for this invite.

It was a pre-launched session and besides us, I think there were some photographers and journalists.

We were treated to a yummy-licious lunch!

Service was good too!

Their staff; regardless at ION or Clarke Quay has always been attentive.

This, I really appreciate and like. Of course, I do think that they need to improve on product knowledge. But then again, its a new store, and staff are new too. Training and learning will take time too. Give them another chance to learn and train their staff and it should improve.

Watami @ Clarke QuayOur lunch menu.Long long list of food for just the 4 of us!

Our drinks for the day... Looks pretty. But I cannot remember what is what now. One for each of us... But we can't differentiate and we just cross drank. Hahahah...

Seafood Salad I thinkThe crispy prawns in the salad are so good! We were fighting for more!

My ALL time favorite - Sashimi!!!One Word. FRESH!

Stir fried UdonI find this OK. But a little too oily.

Beef SkewersYUMS lor!

One of the main dish - Sukiyaki. I like this very much!Soup base is just a little too salty but very tasty!

Desert - Chocolate sauce on brownie!
My sis's favorite!

Mochi with mocha ice cream (LOVE the mochi!)The red beans are pretty good too!

In my excitement, I forgot to take a pic of the garlic rice in stone bowl! But for that, I don't quite like. Or maybe, to me, I've already associated stone bowl rice to Korean food.

I can be sure to say that we would re-visit the place another time if there’s another chance. The ambiance is nice, food’s really quite worth the amount that we are paying for!

Check out Watami at ION, #B3-23 or at Clarke Quay, The Central, #02-82/83/85

No comments: