I came across a few interesting conversations today and it sort of made my day and hence, I'm writing it down.
Conversation 1:
Was standing beside a student leader while waiting for the rest of the other secondary school students to queue up in front so as to move off to another plc.
Student Leader: *Out of the sudden* "Ms Sharon, you are very sweet lei. I always find people named "Sharon" very sweet.
Me:*Stunned* Oh! Thank You.
This got to be the FIRST time in my 30 years that the word "Sweet" is used to describe me. And honestly, none of the other "Sharons" in my list can be described as "sweet". "Authoritative" yes. "Decisive" yes. " "Sweet" hmmm... First time in my life!
Conversation 2:
After the whole event, we, the organizers were milling around and waiting for the 1,200 students at the refreshment point.
Colleague: *was eating refreshment* Did you eat? Have some la.
Me: No la, don't want. Later going to in laws hse will be eating dinner, now eat, later cannot eat.
Colleague: Huh?! You are married already?
Me: *showing wedding ring* Yep. Married le.
Colleague: Aiyoh. Why you in such a rush to get married?
Me: Why? Too bad lor is it?
Colleague: Ya lor. hahahahahhahahhhahahah
Me: Then too bad lor. hahahhhahhahaha
Sure made my efforts in the whole event worth it la! Of course, I'm not taking him seriously, just that some times, these conversations are the ones that made me very glad and enjoy my work.
I reiterated conversation 1 to the Hub and his immediate reaction was "Your student is AB is it?"
hahahhahhahaha.... For those of you who don't get the AB bit, you got to refer to the link here.
And the hub's reaction to conversation 2 was just a simple "ok lor. Then?"
Am not quite sure what that means though. whahhahahhaha....
Tuesday, March 2
Random conversations
Lovingly posted by
Saroette
at
5:46:00 PM


No comments:
Post a Comment