Today is the 2nd day back at work. Surprisingly, it was not as bad as I thought it will be. Coz, I din have that much of work to do. Just lots of mails to clear and now is to follow up with some pending work which I got to settle and see to.
Next big event will be the annual OH. I kind of dreading it but that is the biggest event of my work so cannot siam 1 lar. It is by sheer luck and God's grace that I manage to get the pox during the Oct season. If not, I will be so darn tired!
Just now, I was reading Trina's blog and came across this line that she mentioned... "Sometimes just cooking for the one u love makes u happy esp when you see him eating happily". To me, in the short space of a 2-3 weeks, I have sort of experience this "happiness" hahahahaha.... not that I am a good cook, I just choose to cook the simplest of dishes which does not require much skills nor knowledge. Or maybe it helps that my hubby not that fussy when it comes to food (or rather, when it comes to the food that I put on the table, he eats, I used to think that he's picky abt food coz he will complain that our mothers' cooking not nice.) So kinda surprise that so far, not much complains from him abt the food that I cook. Most of the time, he says the dishes are not bad... wow.. I'm so proud of myself! hahahaha
And to "share" my culinary skills with others, this Sat, some friends are coming to my plc for potluck. I'm gonna make potatoe salad.. hahahaha.. taught to me by Carmen.. So easy, so effortless and I think nice. Finally manage to get the bacon bits.. so with it, I'm sure it will be finger licking... oppss.. should be spoon licking good! hahahahaha
Was talking to Cec earlier today and she was sharing bf woes. That her man seems v frightened of the big "C" - "Commitment" and that she's kinda lost as to what to do. I am not sure what to tell her except to not push and rush him. But then again, with a man who is afraid of commitment, can there be a future to look forward to? Shall I wake her up or just continue to be there as a supportive role and be a gal friend? I'm not sure. Coz I do not have such a bf in my life... or rather, my hubby was nv such a bf. N i did not give the previous guys enough time to prove to me if ther are the committed kind..
Come to think of it now, the guy says he is afraid of monotonous life.. therefore afraid of settling down. Maybe, it's not right to treat every re-ship as though will definately marry the guy.. but if the guy says it straight even after a 3 yr re-ship.. maybe it is time to give it more thought?
She seems to be rather troubled over this not too committed guy... if I were in the same shoes, I guess I will be too? But she made the choice to be with him. At the moment, she sees only him and no 1 else. Though, I suspect there isn't anyone who catches her eyes anyway. Hahahaha
I guess the best I can do is just to be there and listen to her if she needs to.. and keeping her in my prayers.. besides these little things, I don't think there is much I can do?
And just as much as Cec is sharing bf woes, a colleague is sharing bf happiness! What a contrast. Over lunch yest, she was sharing that she met a wonderful guy. Fm the way she talks, Yep, DEFINATELY a wondeful guy... not just wonderful guy. Sounds hunky also. N when I saw the photo... wow! Looks hunky as well. Though they have just started, but wow wow wow... they hv plans for the future!
Really a huge contrast when I sit down now and think things thru! And when I compare my hubby to these 2 men, he is neither... God is really powerful. He creates each of us so differently yet well suited for each other. I cld nv be suitable with the commitment frightened guy, did I mention that he guards his freedom with a capital G?? Both of us will just grow apart! Neither can I be with the hunk, I will be too self conscious of my lack of "belle". All in all, my hubby is still the most suitable for me... He's so patient, giving in to me most of the time, taking in my nonscense and most of all, he loves me mre than I love him! He thinks of me and my happiness 1st (most of the time) always. He will be there when I need him, console me when I am down and now... w/o me saying, he knows too! Guess, this comes from being dating for 7++ years and then of course, being the "chosen half" from divine powers...
Thursday, November 10
Reflections...
Lovingly posted by
Saroette
at
1:37:00 PM


No comments:
Post a Comment