I've really been eating loads these days...
Started off with innocent looking Claypot Hor Fun which is sold at the coffeeshop oppoiste TMC.
Which hubby, myself, Vic, his wifey, Ah Toh and Cin went for dinner after going to see the little princess Clara and Mommy Wise.
I really like the amount of vege that's in this claypot. Lots of greens, mushrooms and also baby corn. After eating most of the vege and meat, I can't finish the hor fun at all and I think I left almost half a pot lying there in the end.
Then this is "san lau hor fun" which is all white. Served with fish slices and beansprouts. I've never been a fan of beansprouts, but after tasting this version of hor fun, I like sprouts now!
This is available at the coffeeshop at AMK Block 151 or somthing like that. Besides this hor fun, they served rather good fish soup. THICK pieces of fish meat in milky soup, which is sooo filling and healthy and especially good for cold rainy days! I also love their "xia jiang zi", prawn paste chicken. Crispy and fragant. Ate once and been craving for it ever since!
Then, there is the Mutabak that is available at one of the coffeeshops near our nest.
Their prata to their brani to mutabak... wah... sedap lor!!! Obviously, 1 is too much for each of us, so we shared.
I guess the uncle is quite sweet la, he cut the pieces real small for me lei! Other times when it's hubby who buys, it's usually in 9 or max 12 pieces. But look at my mutabak. It's at least 20 small pieces by the looks of it!
EVERY last crumb is gone and we also finished their curry.
The skin is thin and crispy, while inside is fluffy and flavourful. Definitely, one of my favourite stall when I go there for my meals. Just that not very healthy to be eating this all the time, so I try to limit myself to once a fortnight or so.
Though hubby seems to prefer their brani with mutton. Acutally, I like it also. But to have it for dinner, too heavy. Especially, after eating, we'll go home to bathe and then just nua in front of the TV or our respective PC....
That bit of my stomach is almost screaming "muder" already!
Better go easy on all these food.
And a few weeks back, hubby and I had dinner at Hub, foodcourt and I had this Grilled Sotong with some green rice.
Tastes pretty good. Except that I was wearing white, and I was sooo afraid that I'll flick some of the sauce on my new F21 white top!
I guess, by now, half the Singaporeans have already eaten the new Cheesy Pizza from Pizza Hut. The one that you actually pick one small piece of crust, pull and watch the cheese stretch and stretch and still stretches and then dip into the melted cheese thingy?
But hubby and I being very sua ku, we really have not tried it before. So one fine Saturday (which I cannot remember which fine Saturday now), we decided to try it. Reason being, the stall I wanted to try is jammed pack full and Pizza Hut had a new outlet in J8, which was almost empty. =/ So we had this...
Rosemary Chicken Cheesy Pizza with the melted cheese, ready for our choosing, pulling and dipping.
Which by the way, the cheese REALLY stretches...
and stretch and stretch! Finally hubby used a fork to break the stands and I could then do the dipping part.
Before popping it into my mouth.
It was HOT!!! =/ Burned my tongue and it was good! We had a 4 piece hot & spicy drumlets (a must have if I go Pizza Hut) soup, drinks and this small pizza.
But between the 2 of us, we cannot finished, we had to tapow the remainder of 2.5 pieces (.5 coz the crust had all been choosen, dipped and popped. Left only the chicken and things on a thin slice of bread) home. Which is just as well coz I wrapped it up in foil and had it toasted for 10 mins or so for our breakfast before heading to CTK for our Sunday Mass.
On Monday, Ah Teck (my office roomie) delievered my orders of mooncakes...
and it took up more than 50% of my table! and costs me a total of $150!!
Total of 7 boxes, 2 for my PIL (1 traditional with yolk and 1 mixed seeds), 2 for my own parents (1 yam with yolk and 1 mini yam) and another 2 for myself (1 yam with yolk and 1 durian). The last box was Irene's. Which by now, I only have 1 box left at home.. Coz hubby and me have been feasting on it.... =(
So, don't you agree that I've really been eating wayyyyyy too much?! =(
And!!!
I'm dying to go and try out this new eating place which just opened in J8 too!
The Wan Chai tea house!
It's very very packed! I lost my patience and courage when I saw the throng of people waiting and milling outside the eatery. =(
Started off with innocent looking Claypot Hor Fun which is sold at the coffeeshop oppoiste TMC.
Which hubby, myself, Vic, his wifey, Ah Toh and Cin went for dinner after going to see the little princess Clara and Mommy Wise.I really like the amount of vege that's in this claypot. Lots of greens, mushrooms and also baby corn. After eating most of the vege and meat, I can't finish the hor fun at all and I think I left almost half a pot lying there in the end.
Then this is "san lau hor fun" which is all white. Served with fish slices and beansprouts. I've never been a fan of beansprouts, but after tasting this version of hor fun, I like sprouts now!
This is available at the coffeeshop at AMK Block 151 or somthing like that. Besides this hor fun, they served rather good fish soup. THICK pieces of fish meat in milky soup, which is sooo filling and healthy and especially good for cold rainy days! I also love their "xia jiang zi", prawn paste chicken. Crispy and fragant. Ate once and been craving for it ever since!
Then, there is the Mutabak that is available at one of the coffeeshops near our nest.Their prata to their brani to mutabak... wah... sedap lor!!! Obviously, 1 is too much for each of us, so we shared.
I guess the uncle is quite sweet la, he cut the pieces real small for me lei! Other times when it's hubby who buys, it's usually in 9 or max 12 pieces. But look at my mutabak. It's at least 20 small pieces by the looks of it!
EVERY last crumb is gone and we also finished their curry.The skin is thin and crispy, while inside is fluffy and flavourful. Definitely, one of my favourite stall when I go there for my meals. Just that not very healthy to be eating this all the time, so I try to limit myself to once a fortnight or so.
Though hubby seems to prefer their brani with mutton. Acutally, I like it also. But to have it for dinner, too heavy. Especially, after eating, we'll go home to bathe and then just nua in front of the TV or our respective PC....
That bit of my stomach is almost screaming "muder" already!
Better go easy on all these food.
And a few weeks back, hubby and I had dinner at Hub, foodcourt and I had this Grilled Sotong with some green rice.
Tastes pretty good. Except that I was wearing white, and I was sooo afraid that I'll flick some of the sauce on my new F21 white top!I guess, by now, half the Singaporeans have already eaten the new Cheesy Pizza from Pizza Hut. The one that you actually pick one small piece of crust, pull and watch the cheese stretch and stretch and still stretches and then dip into the melted cheese thingy?
But hubby and I being very sua ku, we really have not tried it before. So one fine Saturday (which I cannot remember which fine Saturday now), we decided to try it. Reason being, the stall I wanted to try is jammed pack full and Pizza Hut had a new outlet in J8, which was almost empty. =/ So we had this...
Rosemary Chicken Cheesy Pizza with the melted cheese, ready for our choosing, pulling and dipping.Which by the way, the cheese REALLY stretches...
and stretch and stretch! Finally hubby used a fork to break the stands and I could then do the dipping part.Before popping it into my mouth.
It was HOT!!! =/ Burned my tongue and it was good! We had a 4 piece hot & spicy drumlets (a must have if I go Pizza Hut) soup, drinks and this small pizza.But between the 2 of us, we cannot finished, we had to tapow the remainder of 2.5 pieces (.5 coz the crust had all been choosen, dipped and popped. Left only the chicken and things on a thin slice of bread) home. Which is just as well coz I wrapped it up in foil and had it toasted for 10 mins or so for our breakfast before heading to CTK for our Sunday Mass.
On Monday, Ah Teck (my office roomie) delievered my orders of mooncakes...
and it took up more than 50% of my table! and costs me a total of $150!!
Total of 7 boxes, 2 for my PIL (1 traditional with yolk and 1 mixed seeds), 2 for my own parents (1 yam with yolk and 1 mini yam) and another 2 for myself (1 yam with yolk and 1 durian). The last box was Irene's. Which by now, I only have 1 box left at home.. Coz hubby and me have been feasting on it.... =(So, don't you agree that I've really been eating wayyyyyy too much?! =(
And!!!
I'm dying to go and try out this new eating place which just opened in J8 too!The Wan Chai tea house!
It's very very packed! I lost my patience and courage when I saw the throng of people waiting and milling outside the eatery. =(


No comments:
Post a Comment