Rise and Shine the both of us to a beautiful day. Honestly, we did not sleep that well not used to the bed and the pillows were not comfortable. But as we were so tired out, I did manage to sleep somehow but not very well.
Anyway, while Tri was in the bathroom, I went out to the balcony to catch some fresh air and to just look around. The air was wet with dew and everywhere seems bury or it could be my eyes... but it looked so tranquil and peaceful, I sat there for a while. I max my camera's zoom functions and even caught a flock of birds "sunbathing" (as there was not much sun yet)
it just looked so pretty with their white bodies set against the dark greens and when they take flight, the whole flock moves together as though they are performing a major dance. Pretty!
After I was done, we went down to the hotel for our breakfast. For a hotel to be serving us food that has flies hovering around their food, I think it's very bad. Worse, the food was not even nice! *Bleh* The best is the nasi lemak with sambal chili. Honest! The food was so bad, I did not even bother to take a shot of it. Though the bread selection was plentiful, but everywhere I looked, there's flies hovering.... to be safe, I only took food that was covered. What for I take the risk and fall sick myself.
View's from the lobby not too bad. Lash greenery and misty far away places. Of course by now, the sun is higher in the sky, everything looks brighter and more intense.
We can see our room from where we were seated too. The red circle.
Those black lines are there because, there's some renovation works going on and hence it's there. But, we were not bothered by the renovation works, we din hear a thing. Maybe because, we were further off? Not sure.
We had make the booking for the shutle bus to send us to KLCC where we can go for shopping. I was particulary interested in the MM make up (sold in Watsons) and also Kunokuniya. I was dying to get my hands on the rest of the Shopaholic books. And if it's cheaper than in SG, I'm going to lug it all back. Regardless the weight!
Honestly, KLCC's quite boring. Plenty of branded stuff which both of us cannot afford. So, we don't spend much. But despite saying that, I still spent lots. And I mean, really really lots!
My first purchase for the day was my Shopaholic Books by Sophie Kinsella!Yups. All 5 of the remaining ones which I have yet to read or buy. Each book is $17.12 SGD here with the latest book, "Remember Me" retailing at $34+ SGD. Hence, just 5 of these will costs me at least $100 SGD. What did I pay for all 5 in KL? $151.35 RM!!! That's about $65 SGD. And I save $35 SGD. So tell me, how can I possibly missed out the chance to lug it back! Though individual book may be more pricy in KL but as I have 5, the average costs is still woth my while to buy and lug back.
Next major purchase, MM Make Up and Kate Eyeliners.Which, I must say, is almost the complete thing(s) that I'm using. Mascaras, powders, casings and eyeliners. All of which, except for the newest MM mascara, Gorgeous wings were having a 10% off too! If I were to buy it in SG, this babies here would set me back by at least $200 SGD. In KL, yups, I'm paying more than $200 too, but it's in RINGIT!
Time for a rest after the shopping. We settled at this healthy looking drink stall and ordered our drinks. Some "Green Goodness" and "Thrist Quencher" kinda drink. And to be honest, both tastes equally horrible! *Yucks* and it's expensive lei! If not for the fact that we were really too tired too walk and terriably thristy, I doubt we'll have settled for this. But oh well. Wrong choice. And so we must finishd. The only consolation is at least this is a healthy drink and not some kind of fizzy drinks that just loads my body with useless sugar! =/
Along the way, we passed by so many Kiddies clothing shops and I can't resists.
I bought these little cutie clothes for Clara and Chloe.
They just look so adorable and cute lor. I wish I could have bought more but I think these 2 princessess have loads of clothes to wear... so like this is also more than enough? hahahaha...
Girls really have so much nice and pink clothes to wear. I look at the boys clothings there and I'm so so so bored. Not nice at all!
We were just walking round the mall and then we came across this store where there's a nice table set up with the sign that sales "Invited Guests" among some other information. I presume it's for the launch of their new series of bags or something.... and anyone seems to be able to get in, so we also go and KPO. Of course part of the reason why we were eager to get in was also because, there's a free goodie bag for anyone who puts down the name.
Ok. We'll do just that then! And we got this cute and pretty goodie bag filled with their catalogue and also a notebook. Which I threw everything away when I was packing for the return trip home except bring back the notebook and paperbag. =PQuite nice don't you think? And hor, the prices of all those bags are easily in the 4 to 5 figures range hor. But pardon me, I'm very mountain turtle, I've not heard of this brand before. But the ladies who were seated inside are all tai tais... where champange, coffee, dainty cupcakes are serve. I did not have a chance to snap any photo with so many people around but I sure did enjoy looking and touching at all those pieces!
By this time, we both decided that we should be making our way back to the resort as we still need to catch trains and then the boat ride and we are not really sure how long is the train ride. The boat quits operation at 9.30pm and doesn't run if it's raining. We better get our ass on that boat!
Just our luck, the moment we left KLCC, it started to pour! Along with the rain, our hearts sank further and further. We don't want to wait in the rain for that boat and imagine, both of us, or rather me, with my arms full of purchases, so obvious we are not locals!
I was really praying hard for the rain to stop and that we can catch the boat safetly. I've kind of forgetten that KL train systems are pretty weird... and gosh... when we both managed to squeeze into that train... I've never felt so scared in my life before.
Horrible train's tickets. KMT or KTM something like that. The train's jam packed! Skin to skin! Gosh.... horrible experience and there's lots of shoving, pushing and grabbing.
There was this indian (I think) lady who kept pushing me from behind. She stopped after I glared back at her. Hello. I'm stuck too. I can't move. U push me also no use! Then once in the train, as she has nothing to grab on to, she kept grabbing my hands to stop herself from falling. SOOO irritating can! And she can smile and laugh at me. I just glared back! *ARGH*
Finally, reached our station and we both step out and heave a huge sign of relief! We were afraid of pickpockets among being molested la.
The next challange is to find the jetty for the boat. Thank God, we did not have to look very far. We could see the sign and we went off. And Thank God again, the rain stopped. Or rather, it did not seem to be raining at Serdang. We did not have to wait long and we could see our boat approaching! Yippee!!
I doubt the waters are very deep but we were both so relief to be safely on board and on the way "home".Happy smiles after the horrible train ride!
Finally, a familiar sight. The MINES Shopping Fair! Which we got to pay for our boat ride and then off in search of food! Boat ride's $3RM each for that 4 min or less ride. But as long as it gets us safely to where we are familiar with. It's fine.
Chow time and we settled for KFC. Simply coz it's right in front of us and we were both sooo tired out. But hey! The food's really cheap. For this BIG bucket that comprises of 6 pc chicken, 4 sticks of kebab, 1 medium potatoe wedges, 1 small mash potatoes, 1 veggie salad and a 1.5L of Pepsi, it's less than $40RM! And we ate and we ate and we ate. We finished almost everything saved for the last few pieces of wedges and drinks. Yes. We were that famished!
We sat there for a good hour before moving off because our poor poor feet were really aching. After such a meal, we got to work off some of it before calling it a day and we went off walking around the MINES Mall the 2nd time.
This time, we bought heels and shoes. I score for myself 2 pretty pairs! Cheap. Cheap. 20% and 50% off respectively. =)
I've actually seen a top and a skirt that I want to get for my girl friend for her upcoming Bday and we head back to the same store to get it. And while paying, I got a Tee for myself.
All in all, my loots for the 2nd day......Books, Make Up, Tee and Heels for myself. A top and skirt for Bday friend. Cutie girls clothings for Clara and Chloe! =)
Of course, with plenty of receipts to boot, I have of course, nearly spent all my cash and have exchanged an additional $100 SGD and swipe the card plenty of times too!But I throughly enjoyed every single minute of the spending and buying!
Tuesday, November 25
KL Trip - Day 2 @ KLCC
Lovingly posted by
Saroette
at
11:45:00 AM


No comments:
Post a Comment