Friday, March 17

Concerned or Inteferring?

A few days ago, actually on the nite when I went for my kick box, I got 2 calls fm FIL. He called twice coz I switched off my hp and singtel users hv this service where they will send a sms to my hp when it's on agian tat a certain no called me __ times..

By the time I switched on my hp, it was abt 8.10 pm or thereabouts, was walking arnd in Mango with Joelle and imagine my surprise when I saw the number fm PIL's home, not once but twice as well. So I called back, thining somehow, hubby must have changed his mind on gng for a swim but went to his parents' hm for dinner. So I tried to reach him on his mobile but not on.. so I called his home.

MIL picked up the phone, she told me no one was looking for me and neither is hubby there.. so I was about to hang up when FIL came to the line.

He was ok, polite then he asked/told me tat hubby met 6th aunt earlier and told her that he gng for a swim, asked me if I knew.. Told him I do. Then he continued to ask if I am with him, told him no, then he asked where I was, what I do, how often, how much etc etc. I answered him as best as I can in mandrain.. *Note that one can't really translate kickboxing in chinese within that few mins.. Then he asked abt dinner, told him no have'nt eat, will be gng hm to eat with hubby later.

Chatted for a while more then we hang up.

When I reache home, hubby was already home so I asked him if FIL called him, he say nope.

Acutally I am wondering, since it is his son who met 6th aunt, why call me? Y not call his son to ask him? Not that I mind answering him but I find it weird that he calls me to ask all these questions when his son will know too.

Godma tells me tat he is concerned tat I do not look after his son proberly.. but hey.. his son is a grown man too, capable of being someone else's daddy too! So need FIL be so uptight over his son?

As I am penning this dw.. suddenly it occured to me.. cld it be coz that his oldest son broke up wif the gf and tat since 6th aunt told him tat hubby went swimming and I am not in sight, he is worried that we are on the rocks too?

Or is it simply just a concerned father wantting to know what his children are doing for the evening???

*ponder*ponder*ponder*

No comments: