Friday, January 25

Chow Time

Usually, chow time for me is in campus with my usual kaki. Because we both have no transport, the furthest by far we have went is maybe Bishan for variety, on the rare occasions that we have transport, we'll venture a little further.

But today, as my kaki need to collect her lens and specs, we made our way to Velo city and square 2. First stop, was to the optician to collect the necessary and then we went on our search for food.

The SA at the optician recommended us to Korean or Pasta Waraku. But I'm not keen for pasta as I just had it on Tuesday. So we settled for Korean. Which I think was a good choice!

I ordered the hotplate fried Saba Fish which came with seaweed soup and rice. The fish was qutie fresh and the portion huge! I thought the fish would be the small cut kind but I was wrong!The skin was crispy and flesh sweet and soft. Coupled with the black sauce and veggies, it tasted heavenly! I finished every morsel of it and pretty much of the veggies. Except the lettuce that the fish was on.. as by the time I'm done, the veg was soaked with oil! Of course, I left that alone then.

Together, we shared a hotplate potatoe pancake. Tasted more flour than potatoe. But when it was dipped with the sourish and spicy sauce that accompanied the pancake. It was quite nice. There was a chewy kind of feeling that I quite like. Similiar to that of the taiwan muah chee. But honestly, the hotplate potatoe is nothing much to rave about. I think I will try the rice cakes next time. =)

Oh, before I forget, the restaurant is
Seoul Yummy
Square 2 #03-68

and if you are in the area and need some help for your eyes, check out "United Optometrist" too. (It's just a few doors down the same corridor!) Look for Arion and mentioned my name... Maybe he'll give you a good discount like he gave the kaki when she mentioned my name. =D

Good things must share, so have just shared a good place for makan and a good optometrist!

Of course, after such a fullfilling meal, we have to exercise it off. Walked around and our legs brought us to URS. One of my favourite shoe shops if my kaki is with me, coz she has the membership card. There was promotion for almost all the shoes inside and with the card, additional 10% off!I scored for myself this black dainty looking pair. The height is just nice. Roughly 2.5" or so. I like the material, makes it look causal and feminine and at the same time, without killing myself in it!

The kaki also bought the same pair for herself. =) But she bought another pair too which I think she will blog soon... so that's that for the moment.

No comments: