Tuesday, January 1

Hello 2008. Bye Bye 2007.

Happy New Year!

A brand new year is here already. =) Anticipating? Exciting? Another year is here and what ideas, motivations, dreams do I have for the next year, actually I haven't even thought about it at all.

But nevertheless, I'm sure the new year will bring about new challenges, passions, knowledge, experiences, trials and blessings.

On reflecting, 2007 was a year of experiences, trials and blessings.

I got to also be very thankful for a stable job that pays rather well and my organization for sending me to upgrade myself and paid for my course in SIM. Studying PT while working FT was something that I thought I will not do again after my Adv Dip years ago. But. I'm doing it again. This time, with more more effort that I've ever put into any of my studies.

And thus far, I've got quite good grades. Grades that made me happy enough. It's not straight A's but to me that's ok. I'm pleased with my grades.

We got for ourselves our God-daughter, Clara.

Many times, I questioned God, Lord, why give us Lama, that gave us hope and joy and only to have it taken back. I do not know the answer. All I have is the faith and belief that it is his planning and in his own time, all will work out.

I also got to be very thankful for a wonderful husband, a blissful marriage, healthy parents and siblings. My siblings, both in laws and my own did give me some heartaches over the last few months, but well, I guess, time can heal all wounds and it should get better over time.

Friends, colleagues, family members who are so supportive thru my down time the past few months.

I guess, the year 2007 has indeed been a rather good year for me. Ups and downs but the ups far far outweigh the downs.

With a grateful and heart full of thanksgiving, hubby and I together with the rest of Godma's godchildren, we went for the Thanksgiving mass in Novena yesterday. As usual, we all meet up for dinner and then made our way to Novena Church for mass.

By the time, we reached home and settled down, it was almost 2.30am and still feeling too excited to sleep. We lazed in front of the google box till 4.30am. We were just chatting and watching the program. It felt really good to usher in the new year with my loved one beside me, peacefully, chatting merrily and relaxed in the home that we both set up.

I think 2008 is a going to be a great year!

To date, I already have 3 wedding invitations spread through out the year. Not to mention, the number of babies that are coming to greet the world... the number is quite staggering. I kind of already lost count of the number of babies expected!

Of course, this year is going to be challenging too. Hubby and I will be embarking on our respective programs together. Meaning to say, we will have lesser time to spend with each other and also financially, we may be tighter than usual since he got to pay for his school fees and I expect I will have to take over more of the bills.

I have a new colleague whom I heard is not as easy to work with, but then again, it's too early to tell. So.. it could still turn out both ways.

Hubby and I even managed to find some time and drag our lazy bums for a short game of Frisbee. It was quite fun, just enjoying the breeze and also spending some silly moments together.

It seems like a good start to 2008 and with plenty of graces and blessings, I'm sure 2008 will turn out to be a year of joy and all good things. =)

2008....Here I come!

No comments: