Thursday, January 31

Snacks...and growing sideways...

Much food has been making it's way into my stomach since Nov last year... and the journey of the snacks are still slowly but surely making it's way in...

Among the many many, I rememebered most vividly were the slices of cakes from Pine Garden....Coffee Moouse, Lychee Martini and Black Forrest! I enjoyed them very much... And come to think of it, am salivating at the memory of Lychee Martini and Black Forrest!

I think there is no need to dwell much more on how good the cakes are. I recommended the cakes to Irene and she, too fell in love with it pretty soon.

I left out my favourite Triple Layer Chocolate as it was simply too sinful to induldge =( But I began regretting my choice in leaving it out almost immediately too.

A few days later, after pinning for Pine Gardens, Triple Layer Chocolate but can't get, I had to satisfy my craving with this HUGE chocolate slice that was sold somewhere in AMK that I shared with Hubby after dinner as I really cannot resist! But it was a really bad choice. The cake was too dry and the chocolate much too sweet. =( A total waste of my money!

One of my Christmas present last year was this big PINK box of Earl Grey Tea! Even the individual sachets are in pretty pink!To be honest, I've never really enjoyed Earl Grey. I mean I drink, but I would take something else, if there's a choice.

But, this packaging already attracts me and of course, after all these cakes, the best would be to wash it all down with ready tea! Some more, with such a nice packaging, must try!

Surprisingly, the taste is very smooth and the tea fragrant, not like the other Earl Grey I have tasted. Maybe, I don't know how to enjoy my tea... but this Earl Grey is definitely nice! And I've never used "nice" to describe Earl Grey. To me, it tasted a little like soap powder. I know I'm a mountain tortoise. But, ever drink before means never drink before lor.

I guess, my company knows that all of us must have been really feasting over the holidays and I'm wondering if all of us had put on weight that obviously.... coz the next few days, once I was back to work, I got this! A Pedometer!

Heh! I guess, we all must have been putting more and more weight. The management decides that enough is enough and gave everyone this? Hoping to get more of us on our feet and off our bum bums? They even organised a mass walk during 1 weekday in the evening and the last I heard was more than 400 staff had signed up for this event!

Then, sometime ago, my campus have this "Mobile Sales Team" (don't mean they sell handphones har. It means they move around to sell their things!) coming round to take orders for Fragrance Bak Kwa and other CNY cookies / googies. I bought 500g (x 3) of Bak Kwa for CNY. 1 pack for PIL, 1 pack for my parents and the last pack for ourselves, which are due for collection tomorrow. It's sooo much cheaper in campus than outside lei! I'm saving as much as $5 to $7 per 500g, you know!

Last Saturday, the Godma and I went to Queen's street, and I bought 500g of shrimp rolls, 500g of pork floss rolls and 1kg of cuttle fish. Which, I'm about 1/4 thru the cuttle fish.

Hubby and I are into our 2nd tin of pineapple tarts... and I've more or less finished the mountain of keropok that I bought from campus when we were having the bazzar not too long ago. =/

Today, the mobile sales team came again and I bought 2 boxes of Japanese Mochi. Red Bean and Green Tea. 1 of each.

And I just remembered, I have yet to get the Julie's Chocolate Love Letters! I suddenly remember seeing my sis ate it last Sunday and made a note to buy. But I kept forgetting.

Julie's Chocolate Love Letters are MUST haves for me.... actually, all the snacks, not even main meals are CNY must haves for ME!

I Love all these!!! Without any of these (with the exception of the Bak Kwa, that's Hubby's favourite), it doesn't feel like CNY.

Ohh... And I completely forgot, I just bought 1 big box of Choc n Spice muffins (Their muffins are the best-est BEST! Soft, hot and moist! Hot not because it's in the warmer, but cos it's FRESH out of the oven!!!) over lunch earlier... which I have intentions to eat for Breakfast for the next 2 days with Hubby.

No comments: