By now, almost everyone is starting to feel the anticipation, the excitment that the yearly ang pow time is coming again. If you are a non chinese.... Ang Pow refers to the red packets that married chinese containing moo lahs that will be given away to the young and unmarried and elders in the family. This is the biggest and grandest event in the Chinese calendar, which we call, Chinese New Year (CNY). =)
So besides the mad rush to clean house (which hubby and I have not done), to buy and stock up sky high prices of snacks and food (which hubby and I have finished half of what I've bought meant for CNY), the need to get new clothes for at least the first day of CNY, (which I can probably replace my entire wardrobe with looking at the amount of clothes I've recently purchased) the long queues in bank to change for new notes (thank God for the godma, who helped us change yearly) I guess the list is endless... but how can I possibly forget about the mandrain oranges carrier right?!
I try to recycle and reuse, but mine are all spoilt when I used them last year. So this year, no choice, have to get new ones and I got myself these...
Mickey Mouse for the year of the Rat! I reserved the Mickey Mouse carrier for myself and the "fa chai" for Hubby since I honestly don't believe he will be very happy carrying a bag of Oranges with Mickey...I knew my mother would like the "ong lai" (pineapple) so I gave her that and yes, I was absoultely right. She loves it.
In addition to these, Jeff bought me this.
Ha! A fabric mandrain orange bag! Now, this is really something that can be recycled and reused for a good long time! I saw something similiar last year, but the better half stopped me from buying... so I used the paper ones which broke.
Anyway, this year, I shall bring 2 bags of oranges
when I go out to make my CNY rounds! =)
Well, at least, my clothes, snacks, food, carriers are settled. Things could be much worse and not anything is done at all... The cleaning up... we shall start pretty soon.... right, Darling?! =D
Friday, January 25
it's Ang Pow mood...
Lovingly posted by
Saroette
at
4:59:00 PM


No comments:
Post a Comment