Saturday, February 16

Belated Birthday Celebration

Not that hubby forgot my birthday, hence the belated birthday celebration but rather it was because we both had lesson on my actual BDay. So, no choice, have to do it later. Since the before is Valentine's Day and I think it will be crazy to go and fight with others to eat out.

Early today, after I woke up (which I must say I hardly got any sleep), Hubby told me, he bought me a small cake and he had left it in the fridge. And I did not even noticed it!

He bought me 2 slices. Cheese cake and Chocolate. Both I like! =) It's not his style to be doing this kind of surprises and I really like it. I ate half of the Cheese cake and saved it for him. As for the chocolate cake, it looked too pretty to be eaten immediately, so I waited for him to be back from work and shared it with him too.

We went to Hog's Breadth Cafe at CHIJMES for dinner. I like the colorful, cheerful motif on the wall and the whole restaurant feels very cozy and nice. By the time we went there after going for sunset mass in St. Peter's and Paul's, the restaurant was still pretty empty. Except for a few diners who were there, the whole restaurant was virtually empty! Not sure if it was because, we were early? Or maybe their food is not nice? Or maybe more ppl go for drinks instead. Whatever it was, we soon settled down to place our orders and to enjoy our evening together.Hubby and I were shown to the corner table, at first, I really like the privacy and coziness at the side. But, that table has the air con unit right by the side. And within minutes, we were both FREEZING COLD! No choice, had to change seats to the normal boring small square table! =( So disappointing lor.

Hubby and I looked thru the menu excitedly and finally, we made our choice. We ordered the finger platter (so that we can try abit of everything of their appetizers) and also one main. Yup, just 1 main. As I've heard that the portions are usually big and we did not want to waste our food. Anyway, if the serving is not enough, we can always placed our orders again.
Finger Platter - Comes with Buffalo's wings, Chicken Tenders, Calamari rings and Potatoe wedges with bits of bacon and sour cream. Our main - El Grande Prime something something... I forgot the name la. The highlight was the 300g meat topped with salsa cheese, tomatoes and jalapeños. I quite like the taste of it, and it's better than beef in the sense that though there are fats, the fats can be bitten, chewed and swallowed. I know not very healthy, but the purpose of going to Hog's is to eat the meat with the fats!

The fats lend a very tasteful and flavorful experience to the whole dining experience! Sides can be chosen and we had veggies and a baked potato to complete the meal.

Believe me, we wanted to order a Mud Pie at first, but on second thoughts, we both decided to adopt a wait and see mentality and we are glad that we did that! Cause, after we polished off the food, we had no room for dessert at all!

So glad that we did not order the dessert together with all the food right in the beginning, else we'll both be so full, that we can feel our stomachs are ready to burst! But I must say, it was also quite disappointing to not have dessert. I love Mud Pies! So far, the best I've tasted is still from Hard Rock. Love Love LOVE it!

Hog's Bar.... So bright and colourful! Again, I must have a picture before we leave. =) Abit blur, as I was in a hurry to snap and leave. =P

A last shot of us before we made payment and leave Hog's. Took me quite a few attempts before getting this shot too. =(

And finally...Happy Belated Birthday to Myself! =)... which I think must add, he must have seen my previous post about the number of candles thingy... hence the really small cake. whahahahahaha...

No comments: