Tuesday, March 10

爱心 breakfast!

All this while, when I have the mood, I will prepare breakfast. Nothing fancy, it's packed and go kind of breakfast.

Ham or egg sandwiches is the most common. Fast and easy to prepare with not much work to be done.

Also, since my mom works in a bakery, we are used to getting discounted bread or sometimes even free bread! Hence, it's never really my culture to do much breakfast thing.

But recently, a friend was showing me nice bento boxes meals that a mother painstakingly do for her children daily and since I have no children, I don't have to do it. But oh well.. the package looks so pretty, I can't resist doing something simple for hubby for breakfast too!

This morning, since I am on leave (I'm going to SGH with my mom later), I decided to make an egg mayo with green apple sandwich for hubby.

Egg mayo is simple enough...
3 hard boiled eggs (removed yolk for 1 egg), sliced
Japanese mayo
Pepper to taste
3/4 chopped green apple (I used to not add this, but a friend recommended and HEY! it really tastes good lei. So I'm adding it in from now.)
mix everything and then spread on lightly buttered bread

And then I packed it for hubby for him to bring to work. Ugly packaging. Yes. Coz I don't want to put in a box and then still got to wash at the end of the day.

I hope when he opened it, he'll get a nice surprise! Tada!! 爱心面包!! =) Like kid's craft la... whahhahahahhaha

Simple enough, just use a cookie cutter and punch out the shapes and arrange on the bread. Those I've seen online are much more fanciful. I lack the tools and patience. So this is it.

Last week, I had ham. So I could cut out same shapes in different colors to give more dimension to the sandwich. But cannot be eating ham daily, too much sodium. So, today's very blend.

I only do this when I have time to kill. Else. NO WAY. Too much work!

No comments: