Went to the market this morning and also not sure what to buy, so just some corns, meat and also breakfast. I know hubby was still upset at me over last nite's incident so I also was not really in the mood to do marketing plus the coming week would be yet another busy weeknight week. Hence, there is actually no need to get much. But coz hubby is still upset, I thought it will be good to at least have some food for him as a sign of peace lor.
Bought him a you tiao and also some fishballs. Made peace lar. But I think the issue is not really over yet. While I was preparing soup, hubby stood next to me and we talked a little while I was preparing soup. I remember my mom saying since I can make this kinda simple soups, can make for the extended family... so ok la.. since nothing much needs to be done today.
Anyway went for lunch at my mom's plc. Coz, did not have the chance and time to go there on weeknights for the past week at all! Let's see what I was so busy with..
*puts thinking hat on*
Monday - Yoga
Tues - OGF
Wed- Kickboxing
Thurs - Confirmation but din go coz I was not well
Fri - Queenstown to get mat
Yah, no wonder no chance to go back to parents' place for a meal the whole of this weeknights! So had been hoon soup at my mom's plc. It's been sooooo long since I last ate her bee hoon soup! I love it! She taught me how to cook it before, but I cannot be bothered to go and cook the ikan bilis soup. Takes alot of time and effort leh. I tried once, but no soup leh. All dried up. Think my fire too big then.
Then hubby and me settled down to watch TV with the rest of my family just chatting and laughing lor.
All these time, my sister knew I was thinking of how to shelf my Canon Powershot A80 w/o loosing too much $ coz it's bulky and heavy. Thinking of getting something smaller so that it's not so heavy and big to carry around.
But whenever I checked out the price of other newer and better looking models, I feel the pinch and decide to keep to the trusty A80, since it is 1) a Christmas present from hubby 2) Still in good working condition 3) It's only worth $100 if I were to sell while hubby bought it at $500! 4) mainly I want to use it to take pics for me to post in blog.. After serious deliberations and pocket screaming at me. Yup, NOT changing camera lor. Too poor and still have a perfectly working camera on hand mar, too wasteful to change.
But, BUT!! You know what's the best thing that can be happening? My sis, YUPS, my sis,
she decided to give me her Sony Cyber-shot leh! (She won this in her co's D&D many moons ago lar) It's definately a smaller and ligher cam than mine leh! So happy now! haha..
But, she lost her installation software leh. The camera makes use of memory stick. I do have a multi card reader in office but cannot remember if there is a slot of MS though. Will try. If really don't have then need to find a way to DL the pics taken into the PC leh.
Woo HOO!! So I'm happy now. I have a somewhat new camera and best of all free. It's free both rounds leh. Coz my sis got it free and I got it free too ma. haha.. happy happy..
After a good lunch, completed with durian mooncake, watermelons and a new camera, we head home to rest for a while and also for me to check on the soup that I left simmering at home, which is for my PIL's when we go for dinner.
I was cooking my personal favourite, corn soup. So went home, tasted it, added salt to taste and left it there. I think it should be sweet enough, there's like $4 worth of pork, 1 chicken breast bone as well as 4 cobs of corn. But think I din add enough salt lor.. haha
Not sure if PIL likes this kind of cantonese soup. Coz so far, I have never seen MIL made this kind of soup, could be coz she's busy. Where got so much time to cook soup for 2,3 hours when she leaves for work like 6am and come back at 4++pm? Since, we are not working on Sundays and we are gng to their place for dinner, I think it's a good idea to just bring some food over lor. 1) can ease MIL's worry of what to cook 2) can show that their precious son is still eating rather well enough though he married me lor
Good right?! Killing 2 birds with 1 stone and both will put me in a good light to them! haha..
Heng hor, I got a big enough pot to cook and bring everything there lor.. Was kinda worried that they don't drink. MIL says very sweet and ate lots of corn. Good! Good! But, we did have a wee bit of problem transporting that big pot of rather hot soup over lor. Somemre, we take bus ok? But still not too bad, don't think alot spill out. Thanks to hubby's skills lor. haha
So, you see, we had free lunch, free camera and free diner (all we contribute was a pot of soup). Isn't my title apt?! haha
Sunday, September 17
It's FOC lei!
Lovingly posted by
Saroette
at
11:49:00 PM


No comments:
Post a Comment