Wednesday, November 29

New place in campus

Got an email from work that there's a new cafe that opened in campus a few months back. But never had the chance to go in to take a look. Just passed by when I go to borrow and returned books in the library.

But today, after an early lunch with hubby, OBIL (Hubby is free free now lor and OBIL just came back from his shift and in search of food) and Irene, Irene and I went to check out the cafe which is located in the library. Think it's a "in" thing now to have some sort of cafe in libraries. Already alot of the national libraries are catching up this trend and arrange for such a cafe inside.

Not too bad a corner. But the lights are too bright, if it's dimmer and more cushion chairs and more low tables, it will look cozy and nice. Since, we just had lunch, we just bought a cup of Hazlenut Latte and a cookie each to nibble on and sit down to chat.

This new cafe goes by the name of "Cafe Hot Shot."

The hazlenut latte, tasted only of coffee... no hazlenut at all! The cookies is quite cheap I feel. $1 each but for 2, it's $1.80.

Irene had the chocolate chip and hazlenut latte while I had my almond biscotti and hazlenut latte. The biscotti is nice! Crispy and with lots of almonds. The way I like it. But it does makes bitting and chewing tiring on the teeth. haha..

We chatted lots. About work, bf, families and also christmas presents. And you know what? We made a date to go shopping together next month. She needs to get her beloved, Mel a pressie and I wanna get hm.. I don't know.. Just get whaever that catches my eyes I guess. haha..

So the date is fixed. 15 Dec. (Payday!) We are going to paint the town red! We've both applied for half day leave, gonna grap a quick lunch and then to cheong the stalls and shops and malls. We are definately going to pay "Metro" & "Fong Hugs" a visit. Likely, Robibnsons as well. Gosh... Just the thought of shopping and I AM GETTING sooooo excited!

No comments: