Monday, November 27

A wonderful weekend!

I had a wonderful, wonderful weekend with you know who?? My SISTER! Gosh, it's been such a long long time since we last went out, even for a simple meal was ages and ages ago!

We actually made plans to meet up in the afternoon but after my usual yoga and breakfast with the rest of the SW gang, it was already noon when I reached home. Also coz, I went to the library and also dropped by Charles & Keith to get that pair of dainty black ribboned heel that I was aiming at for sometime.
Nice? Dainty looking heels to match my little black dress!
Got it and then really dashed home! Still got to to at least vacuum the floor before going out, so rushed to do that too. By the time I am ready to go out was like 1pm and the sun was sooo bright and shiny and hot, we decided to go out later. Thank God for that, I was dog tired, went for a snooze and then as I was putting on my make up and clothes, thunder roars and lighting flashes across the skies. So another call to postponed our meeting time. *sucks*

Finally, FINALLY! We braved the drizzling rain and just meet up. Chatted about her school, my soon-to-start-school and work amongst other things. We were kinda stump of where to go but still we caught the train to Raffles City. I wanted to go to either Bugis or Suntec. But Bugis was to get something for work and it being weekend and all, not very keen to go to Bugis for work purposes and also got to change MRT at City Hall, forget it, just go to Raffles Plc. Went to the cosmestics section and looked at Estee and also Mac, but nothing caught my fancy. I wanted some eye creams and maybe some more cosmestics to my growing collection. Remembering that Lynn was recommending the Clarins eye cream and another cream for face, I went to take a look.

The sales recommended me the eye serum and eye balm. And when I mentioned that cream that I can just apply on my face then out I go w/o makeup, she wipped out another small red dainty bottle - "Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch." Now, I know what is making Lynn look soooo good ALL the time! So envious of her good and radiant skin. She looks so good even w/o makeup!

Totalled up the bill and short of like $6 in order to get their free gifts. Then found their Treatment Lip Balm. Got that as well and *GOSH* these small little things here costs me like $227!!! *Faints* These tubes and bottles BETTER work, man!
But HEY!! Check out these little tubes and bottles that I got for spending that amount? It's supposed to be a 5-piece-gift-set with the bag for spending $150.

But, then coz the sales person is so smart, she made me a member of Clarins, then apprantely apparently, she realised that I'm a potential Clarins user, she gave me a whole range of skin care too!
I have the cleanser, whitening essence, day & night cream & sun block in addition to the scrub, mask & body lotion.

Quite alot isn't it? And I still need to get 1 more product from Clarins. Their eye liner pencil. I've heard raves about it but it's out of stock ISLANDWIDE! Yikes! Anyway, made reservations for it, will go and get it when it comes in hopefully, before Christmas. And I guess, with the purchase of the eye liner pencil, (I intend to get 2, 1 is for a Christmas pressie for Godma, she's been looking for it), my membership for next year is *pit pat* in my pockets already!

Next stop, I wanted to show my sis that purple dress that was so pretty but oh well, Raffles Place don't have it or maybe we did not search hard enough. Nevermind la, went to Marks and Spencers. Woah... They have just increased their Chrismassy things! Remember I went to M&S not too long ago and spent a small fortune there? This time, I went again, but thank God, I din spend so much.

I bought the Gingerbread man cookies and also the vanilla bear cookies. Was thinking, I can package them nicely and then can give to the kiddies in CTK when I see them at midnight mass.

Kind of expensive to get each one an item so something like this will be perfect. I even manage to get the plastic wrappers and some Christmassy stickers (from NBC) to package the whole thing. Or even bring some to office if there are some last minutes gifts exchange but pai sey to say... I din prepare their share kind.

Something small and portable like this will be good right? Good idea hor? haha.. Cheapskate or not... I don't know la, but it's the thought that counts ma. Pressies costs a bomb leh, but something like this is nice and best of all, can be eaten, not just left there to decorate the place. haha..

Finally, both of us were tired out. More so like me la, need food in our stomachs and to rest our feet. But before we even manage to get so much as a sip of water, I was once again distracted. Distracted by the huge banner from UOB, promoting their new "Signature Card." A deep, dark royal purple, that card and again a whole host of other promotions and benefits. I took a look at their free gift.
Not too bad, a card holder, a pen and also a nice looking radio. Signed up on the spot. What drew me there was actually their one liner, "Get your card within 3 hours." Not that I am desparate to have this card lar, but want to experience it ma. Basket! Then they told me, the last "order" was 2.30pm. Bleh!

Anyway, I still signed up for the card and there, the free gifts. Think they will send me a notice for me to collect the radio another day. But for the time being, these are what I have and I have no use for it. Wonders if hubby wants it? *Kicks myself* I should have signed up earlier and he could have brought this along with him when he went for his seminar over the weekend! *double BLEH*

After all these distractions, we are both famished and really in need of food, water and rest. Walked around the basement of Raffles City. Wanted to bring my sis to Kushin Bo at first, then she said she's not a fan of sashimi then forget it, that dinner would have costs me almost a $100 and if she don't eat sashimi then no point going there. So we looked around elsewhere instead.

Decided on Subway.

Pretty packed, so we had to share seats, but before we finished the couple left and a big ang mo with booming voice joined us at our table. He ate very fast. We were not even halfway thru, he left. Gosh.. Good he left, then we had the whole table to ourselves. But shortly, after, another guy came and share our seats.

A CUTIE can! Boy, he's sooooo cute!!!! Tall, tanned, lively & big bright eyes! Well shaped dark eyebrows, he speaks very well too! The typical "ang mo kan tang" accent and when he smiles, his pearly whites are so neat and visible! Woah!! My heart really beat faster leh! Cute! We pretty much ignored each other throughout the meal, my sis and I were chatting and then I asked my sis to check out the queue at the counter so that I can go and get a carrier, this little cutie offered his to us. He said he has no use for it anyway and offered it to us. Woah!! A gentleman in additon to his good looks!! Then, we start to chat a while. He's sooo young. Just completed NS, waiting to go into a culinary school and he wants to be French Cusine chef, NO girlfriend, working in Adiddas for the time being. Name's Raymond. Gosh.. If I was younger, if I was not married, I'm very sure, we would have exchanged telephone numbers before his dinner hour is up! hahah.. but too bad for me, we did nothing like that.

After we left, my sis agreed with me, he's cute! Woah!! That shows he's really, R-E-A-L-L-Y cute. Coz my sis is that kind who does not bother much about guys and so far, she has NEVER agree with me on my acquired tastes of guys. haha..

Oh man, what a good dinner, with a cutie pie beside me, and oh gosh... makes my heart beat faster like a silly, giggly, girly teen.

My sis rolled her eyes at me at this point in time. Ha!

We took a walk to Suntec, I wanted to go to I Nuovi to get that "Colour Stay" makeup which I can use as eyeshadow and blusher.

Good deal (at only $28 with the ABN credit card) and easy to use I think.

Since, I brought 2 of my old makeup with me, I can buy 2 of the new range of this colourstay. The shades when you look at the actual thing is so pretty. Much nicer than the online version. I was just standing there and looking and looking and the sales recommended me the "Kiss & Tell" (on the right) which are nude shades, very suitable for daily wear. And then for the other one, I like the sweet colours of "Garden of Eden" and "Day Dreamer" but the tones seem too common and too cool for me, she recommended me the "Shangri-la" (on the left) instead coz the blue tone is very nice and not common. Since, she's the professional, I shall listen to her. Will find a chance to use it soon and see how it is. It's my first time using I Nouvi products and if it's not for the ABN promotion, I guess I won't bother to try also. I don't have the time to go cosmestics shopping and neither does hubby have the patience to do it with me I guess. So I stick to the super dull Bodyshop. But THIS is going to change!

Finally, with a bigger cosmestics carrier and feeling the heat of my credit cards. We went grocery shopping. Went to the hypermart, Carrefour, din get much but just some snacks and it's another $30 or so. Gosh...

Sis got a bar of the Royce Chocolates, Rum and Rasin... Carrier very nice leh. High class paper bag carrier for that bar of chocolate. Finally decided to go home.

And I'm soooo embrassed to say that, I did NOT know that 162 pass by Suntec! Gosh! I could have dug a hole and burried myself when I say we walk to Marina to take 162. My sis blurted out, "You siao ar? Go so far for what? Here have what!" I just stared at her. And yes! 162 is available RIGHT outside Suntec and it goes ALL the way home.

Just how silly can I get? Oh man! I think I should not feel so bad. Hubby is not aware too. Next time, if we go to Suntec, we shall take the bus there. -_-"

Sis came to my home to spend the night since there's no one at my parents' home and at my home. My mom and youngest sis are in China, hubby in KL. So we are 2 lonely sisters keeping each other for company. haha..

She spent the night and we both slept on my big double bed, that's the only bed available anway and on Sunday, before I left for church, she went home.

I really enjoyed her company, though it was just me doing shopping, she following but we chatted and it's so good to just feel comfortable with each other and spend time together. Should do it more often. Maybe after her exams and also during the Christmas period lor.

Shall wait and see.

Oh yes, I'm $400 broke-r after all my purchases.

No comments: