If you don't already know, hubby asked OBIL to help buy the Creative MP3 for my christmas present this year.
I was pretty ok with OBIL picking up the player. But I'm pretty pissed now. Coz on Sat night when OBIL got home, he called hubby and then told him over the phone that he wanted to test out the MP3 (which I suspect is equivalent to "I wanna play with it first") And Hubby allowed him to!
Argg!!!
This IS supposed to be MY christmas present right? Why is he using it or rather playing with it before I even seen it?
I was fuming and I thought about it and then told hubby that he can keep the MP3, I don't want it anymore. Hubby's face fell. He don't understand why I have to create such a big hoo ha over his bro played with the set lor. And even when I told him the reverse situation, hubby still feels that it is ok. =(
Desparately needed someone who will understand and I sms Wise since we have sort of similiar situation. She empathised with me and then tell me to not let it bother me lor. Just accept it graciously and let all the things pass.
However unwilling I was, I took her advise. Hubby became slightly happier but of course I was still pretty upset and pretty sore that someone else beat me to using my own MP3. =(
After yoga last night, again I brought up the subject of how insenstitive I find my 2 BILs are to us. Hubby got tired exasperated and then tell me, "I know you find them insenstitive, when they behaved like that, I've also told them off. What do you want me to do?" I was incredulous! Hubby did not! He did not tell his bro off when he wanted to play with my MP3, neither did he told off YBIL when he occupied the whole 3 seats leaving us nowhere to sit when we were there a few weeks ago! Hubby just let it be.
I felt so sad. Sad that it seems (to me at least) that it's like me causing him to be trapped in the middle. Sad that hubby don't seem to understand what I'm trying to get across to him. Sad that he is so blinded by his bros that he cannot see for himself how insenstitive they are! Sad that he let them ride over his head.
Hubby said I have a too high expecation of people. How they should be behaving and certain behaviour are unacceptable to me, and I agree with him. How can I accept such behaviour which lacks common sense and basic manners?!
When you buy a present for your spouse would you allow another person to 'test' it before your spouse has even received it?
When someone comes to your house, be it your family members or guests, and you see your own family member lying outstreched on the sofa (occupying all the seating available), leaving only the floor and some scattered stools to sit on, will you walk away and not say anything? Or would you at least tell that person (whose lying on the sofa) to get up and make some space?
I know I will not allow another to 'test' out hubby's present, not even my sisters, they can take a look at it, hold the box also. But not to the extend of 'testing' it. And if someone was to come to my home, unless that person lying on the sofa is sick or a child, I will tell him to get up to make space.
Isn't these basic manners, common sense and courtesy?!! To me it is! I don't need to be told to do all these. So why does 2 grown man of age 28 and 20 need to be told of what to do?
The most laughable thing was that hubby said, "They will be better when they grow older." Hello!!! At age 28 and 20, still need to be taught these they still need to grow????!!! Then how much older do they need to grow till they become MORE senstitive???!!!!!!!!
Andway, I got the MP3 yesterday when I came home after work. Hubby was all secretive, following me around the house holding his hands behind his back. I knew he was going to hand it to me, but coz of the incident with OBIL, I din really feel like taking it... yet. And according to hubby, OBIL din get to test the player at all coz there was no battery. So, I should be feeling happier. I managed a weak smile for hubby.
Call me selfish, whatever but fact of the day is, I just don't like anyone opening, touching my present when I, THE recipent has not even lay my hands on it!
Now, tell me, am I being childish, petty, unreasonable or do I simply "have a high expectation of people"?
Tuesday, November 21
Not so new Christmas present.
Lovingly posted by
Saroette
at
1:56:00 PM


No comments:
Post a Comment