Took leave today (on PAY DAY!!) *flashes danger sighs* and went on a FULL... well,semi-full retail thereapy with my usual kaki when it comes to shopping, my Godma!! Yippee!!!
She being an ardent fan of Estee Lauder, got invited to their private sale cum hearty breakfast in Centrepoint and brought me along.
It was fun, that was my first time attending Private Sales of cosmestics and I swear, half of the women there must be tai tai's ok. How else can they reach town so early in the morning, fully made up, dressed to the nines, speak english and seems to be soooooo familiar with all the various Estee products??!!
They carry themselves off with that air of "tai tai-ness" lar, and they are not the young young ones like me, they probably are the 40's and 50's. But 1 lady, her skin is literally GLOWING!! My goodness. How to acheive skin like that?!! And she was carrying an LV bag lor. So? Tai Tai right?! wah lau.. I also want man.
And if you saw the way they bought up the products... gosh... as though it's F-R-E-E ok! Godma also can almost there already... if she had worn something dressier and carry an authetic bag, yup, she can pass off as Tai Tai too... within 20 mins, she has picked out more than $400 worth of products.. and when I looked at it, ermm.. there's like only 3 items?? Gosh...
But I din do too badly too leh, I picked out a set of fragrance, a liquid foundation as well as a lips gloss for myself. No where near Godma's $400 (Thank God!) but it's still a whooping $177, out of which FIL sponsored me $30 by Robinson Vouchers (was some thank you thingy from his insurance and he gave it to me!) So I spent like $147 only lor. Not that bad.
Woah.. first thing in the morning, had a good breakfast, things to see and things to buy. Woo hoo!!!
We saw this gorgeous purple dress that looks very good on me in Robinsons. (Frankly, I don't expect to see any nice dresses there, my opinion of it, are mostly "Ah Ma" clothes lor.. but this dress is really nice!) But my photo skills does not do the dress justice too... BUT Sooo tempted to get it.. but really seldome have chance to wear it.. so still thinking about it.. If only, I have MORE vouchers or some kind soul wanna sponsor me. That dress is $140, sponsor 50% I also happy lor. kekeke... Godma mention during lunch that if she strikes Toto, she will sponsor me my labby and throw in this dress as well wor. Not bad hor? So ok. I'll pray for either she strike or I strike!!! haha.. But come to think of it, I think I strike better leh!
Another happy thing is, I manage to buy Christmas presents for my colleagues mostly from Marks & Spences (branded ok!!). I bought a hand cream and hand wash set for my current immediate sup, then for boss, ex sup, ex ex sup and also ah Teck, it's a box of chocolates each. I know there are 5 boxes of chocolates there, but hey, I got to be prepared and have a box on standby right?! What if someone (don't know who) gives me something? Then at least I have something there to exchange back mar... And if I'm not well-liked enough, then also can give to our immediate neighbour, who kindly gave us a box of home made cookies during the recent Hari Raya lor. I was thinking if Christmas we din give them anything, will wait till CNY and give an AP to the children who are staying there lor.
Also bought a small box of short bread fingers (at Godma's recpmmendation) for purely, hubby and MY enjoyment. Not sure, when we will take it out to try but should be pretty soon. Maybe after my kickbox session tomorrow night will be a good time to try? If not, it shall wait till the weekend is here then we have the luxury to sample it. I wonder how it tastes though.. And you know what is the best thing about being married? Well, simply, whatever I don't like to eat, I can push it to hubby! =P
And also the 2 BILs (haha.. cheapskate me, bought them at Cold Storage!!) The 2 items costs me less than $10! Cheap and nice and good and presentable. Was debating for sometime if I should get another separate gift for OBIL's new gf... think and think then decided against it. Don't know her very well lor. So save my dollar for myself. For all of my Christmas pressies the total was like $115... so it's quite worth it I feel. Good! Solves my problem of what to get and best of all, most of it comes nicely wrapped, I don't have to wrapped it anymore. Perfect. Saves time!
The only Christmas presents that I have to look for are now for Godma, my sisters and MAYBE hubby.. since I already bought him the blue helicopter the other day. No need to get lor hor.. Save dollars leh! Then I can get my purple dress! *evil grin*
Met bro for lunch at a Jap restaurant. Nice leh the food! Wah... pricing is reasonable, we had shabu shabu and also grilled Jab food. And coz the restaurant was not crowded hor, the staff can actually grill and serve the food onto our plates! As usual, with the 3 of us, it's alwasy yak yak yak time.
Too bad, bro had to go back to office, hence we cannot continue, but Godma and I went to walk round some more. Maybe coz we had done our therapy session in the morning, so we din manage to get anything, it was really just to walk and pass time before my facial session later in the evening.
Since Godma was soooo keen to get the clarins eyeliner pencil, she just HAD to go to Toa Payoh to find it. Also she was looking for the sun block by Loreal. But both items no stock leh... hahaa.. wasted trip for her lor. I went for my facial while Godma went home.. and was sooo tired with the walking, laughing and carrying of heavy things, I literally dozed off while on the bed!
Then, I decided that I cannot stand my messy broom that is growing on my head any longer, went for a haircut. Waited 1 hour!!! -_-" But!! Worth the wait lor. Can see from the previous pic to this that my hair is sooo much better now right?!
Now, I have short sassy hair! =)
But to end the whole day, had to have an arguement with hubby. *sigh* Imperfect ending to an other wise perfect day leh.
P.s. I took lots of pics.. will upload another day when I manage to go thru it all.
P.p.s Edited on 17 Nov to add photos and mre text. =)
Wednesday, November 15
Retail Therapy!!!
Lovingly posted by
Saroette
at
11:57:00 PM


No comments:
Post a Comment