This week has been a erm.... a week of missed/hurried dinners, datelines, sick, travelling hours on the bus. Well, not hours acutally, but still lots lar, as compared to the time that I usually spendt on bus this week as compared to other times.
Lessons has started proper since Monday. I realised that for me to reach campus BEFORE the start of the class, I will need to leave office by 5.30pm, 5.40pm latest. Else, when I left office at 5.45pm, walked over to AMK to catch a bus, I was 2 mins late and the lecturer had already begun his speech on his introduction amongst other things. Thanks to the massive jam along Bukit Timah road... all the branded schools are there, the parents driving equally branded cars waiting along the roads for their kiddies...
I just realised through my other course mates and friends, I'm putting quite a lot on my plate for this current term (2 terms in a Semester, a sem is about 4,5 months). Though, they are also taking 3 or 4 modules, (depending on the credits, we are only allowed to take a max of 20 CU per sem) their modules are spread out like 2 modules this term, another 2 the next term (for 4 modules) and those taking 3 will be like 1 module this term, another next term and the last module for the full sem.
While MY timetable reads, 2 modules THIS term and 1 module for the full sem. -_-" Don't ask me how come my timetable like this... I have no idea why I picked the way I did when I was doing it! I seriously cannot remember why I picked it this way... Maybe it's the inexperienced? The don't want to take all exam papers at the end of the sem, want to split it up??? I cannot remember!
SO, yar... My timetable is packed from now till end of March, on all the Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. Then after that, I will only have lessons on Wednesdays till May which is the exams and then I can say "Bye Bye" to sem 1. That is of course, if I manage to clear ALL these modules I'm doing.
I think, it's really been a long time since I last stepped into a tutorial or lecture room mann. Gosh.... I suddenly felt as though I was back in Primary, eh.. no.. too long ago. Secondary school more like. We are using NP facilities currently and gosh... NP looks nice outside, but when inside... I especially hate the walking up stairs, slopes, down stairs, slopes bit! But thank God, it's all sheltered. So even if it's raining, it's not so bad. But I do like NP for the spacious blocks! They have soooo much space and the campus is really sprawling all over!
In fact, most of my lessons are conducted at NP instead of SIM. =( But the classrooms looks kind of old... I was surprised to note that they even have window grills in the classes! haha... Like so mis-matched in my opinion.
Lessons are pretty all right. Thank God, I manage to make some new friend, else will be very longely and when the time comes for the forming of project groups, think I will be nervous. But at least now, there's a few ppl (actually only 2 from 2 module lar)that I know from 2 modules and I think most likely we will be able to work together on that. So not too bad.
Feb is a short month but the lessons are not short. Imagine, I got to go back for lessons on Vday & my Bday nt week as well?! They don't change time slots at all! There is 1 session which fall on CNY and the 1st Sat in March will be the make up lesson! NO BREAK!!! Worse, I think I have 2 online assignments which I have to complete and submit by the first day of CNY.
And, according to the timetable, gosh.... my first 3 Saturdays in March are all burnt!
Sad. Sad. Sad lar. But no choice right? Really is no choice right?! So what to do? Grit and bear through it ba.
But, come to think of it, maybe it's the novety of doing something different for the time being, I'm kind of enjoying some of my modules lei. Particularly, I think the Mass Communication will be interesting. Lecturer said that we will be "breaking" advertisments and their meanings. Sounds tough, but hey! She promised lots of music, advertisments, movie watching time DURING class!
I think that's a good sign. I'm pretty sure, the lessons will be interesting!
Laws gave me headache even before the start of the class... and that resulted in a 2 day MC... but thank God, I made 2 friends there and we already said we shall form a group. With groupwork, I think the headache and heartache of the module will be reduced.
Done the Statistics for the first time in my entire life last nite.... erm... Definately need to buck up on this one.... all the terms are making my head & eyes swim. Not to mention that super duper statistics student version software that I also saw we are expected to use for the first time last nite.
I think... I can forgive myself for being blur as a sotong for the time being... hey! It's the first class of the module! Cannot be expecting me to know every single thing right?! More ever, I'm a FIRST year student too!
Now, my role besides doing revision for all those 3 modules that were taught for this week, is to go and find and arm myself with nice name stickers (of course bearing MY name lar!) and a pencil case.
I think this will make me more enthu about studying, picking up the books, reading and writting!
hahaha....
Friday, February 9
After a week...
Lovingly posted by
Saroette
at
10:49:00 AM


No comments:
Post a Comment