Saturday, February 10

It's another gathering time!

But today was also the release of the 'O' level results so besides me going to a secondary school for the release and also to be there to give some counselling to the students who may need it, I was also kind worried for my sister.

Yups! She's waiting for it as well. Waited so long for her call, and when the sms finally came. Woo... Not bad. 18 pointer for 5 subjects. Not fanastic but decent to get into a poly course.

My fear was that she cannot even make it to a Polytechnic Education!!! Heng mann! Thank God! She still did relatively well enough to get into a poly. Now for her to choose which course and poly she wanna get in. Based on her results, not much choice too lar, but better than nothing.

Finally left the school at close to 4.40pm and then Sak and me took a bus to the MRT station and then we went to town.

Reached City Hall very early so since I was so early, I went to do some shopping for myself. =) Was walking around and I saw "Life Baby". Remembering that Vic's BB just arrived, I went in to see if I can get any BB item for his newborn prince and I got this. Quite cute hor? Actually, I like another piece instead, but I felt that that piece was too thick for our SG March weather so I got this instead. Should be quite comfy, cotton. Having got a BB gift, I carried on with my lone shopping.

My next stop was to Fancl and making sure that I had my 20% discount voucher since it's my bday month, within 10 mins, I walked away with these...Seems lots right? But actually hor, not alot lei. Just the usual stuff that I'm using all these time. Morever, all these is daily usage so run out very fast. So since I now have 20% off better make it my while. I just bought 2 bottles of the mild cleansing oil (make up remover), 2 bottles of the washing powder, 3 botles of tonner, 2 bottles of the moisturizer and lastly, a pre-packed of 3 boxes of facial blotters. All in, $207!

BUT!!! I have the double stamps bonus, which earned me 10 stamps... else, I will have to spend $400 just to earn that amount of stamps! Oh! Forgot to mention that I bought a limited edition facial puff to go with all these... (I change my puff with every bottle of powder, abit wasted maybe but cleaner and more hygenic!)This time, most likely for the upcoming Valentine's Day, the mentioned puff is a sweet nice shade of lilac heart. Quite pretty hor? Anyway same price for the limited edition or normal hence I took this and the normal Pink puff.

Saw online that they have the AP papers as well and I took 3 packs from them! Thank God, they have, else I will have to go and buy! This year is a AP paper shortage year! Can't seem to find any left at home and we din want to pay for it... coz no one will appreciate how nice the paper is (probably except for my mom, who COLLETS AP paper!) so.. since got free ones, GOOD! Can save me a few dollars in just buying AP papers! The Fancl papers also quite pretty hor? Japanese version.... Quite cute lor. So when we give this away next week, ppl will know I'm a Fancl user.

Having purchased this in Robinsons, (where I am entitled to further 5% coz of cardmember's discount) I popped by Clarins to check if my item is here. Goody goody!!! It's here and I got it as well.
I only bought the pink lips gloss and the rest of all those things are free gifts! Not bad hor?? Happy!!

Checked the time and I was still early for the dinner gathering in the Vilage, popped into Red Earth, Espirit. Hee... Got myself these 2 nail polish. Just nice for CNY. It's a buy 1 get 1 free, ya see! And I like the shades when it's on my fingers.

Well, what can I say?

It's a GOOD shopping afternoon!!! =)

Finally, went on my way to meet the rest of the SW gang for dinner. The venue was changed from The Marche in Suntec to the Vilage in Hereen (which is the exact location as of the previous Marche. Even the setting was the same.) Management is saving $$$ by just changing name, no need to even change decor and food stalls!

Food wise, nothing much to say. About the same as Marche. Even the concept is the same, you get in only if you have the card and then you exit when you 'surrender' that card at the cashier. Though food was so-so, we had fun! Lots of fun.

That is, if they could stand me in my croaky voice.

Heh! I got an early bday cake too! This got to be my EARLIEST Bday present this year!! No one can beat that! Thank you, Dear Clement, Wiselyn and my dear dear Godchild!

A picture is always louder than words, so here is the one and only nice, decent, clear group shot of most of us (some left, some came late) so... presenting the one and only group shot!

Tadahhhh!!!Standing(LtoR): Alex, Clement, James, Mabel, Young Caroline.
Seated(LtoR):Novia, MOI, Wiselyn & Godchild =).

Novia happened to be doing her degree in Uni SIM too! And she gave me some tips or rather advises on how to handle my studies. Boy, after chatting with her, I feel lagi more stress!!!

But, I don't wanna think of all those yet, just do what I can... and meanwhile, enjoy the process of going back to school. At the moment, I'm kind of enjoying that moment!

Great meeting you people, must have more such gatherings!

No comments: