Tuesday, March 4

The CNY that past

Super long over dued... But I really do so want to include into my blog.

This year CNY was a long, relaxed and nice holiday for me. Espcially so when the first 2 days of CNY fall on Thursday and Friday. Wednesday was a half day for us coupled with festive lunch! This year, I'm very lucky too, managed to get a lucky draw item too. The items are lousy la, some cheena things but still, lucky to get something, best of all, the lucky number is "15" lei! That's my birthdate! =) Heng Heng hor?

Anyway, reunion dinner was a simple affair at my parent's plc this year. Compared to the stressful dinner I had in PIL's plc last year, this year is soo much more relaxing and enjoyable! At least, there were not criticisms that the food was not good.

Fast forward to Day 1 of CNY, went for morning mass in CTK, distributed AP then we went on to my grandma's place in AMK for lunch and distributed more AP. Stayed till about 2 and then we left for Yishun GV, where we caught Kung Fu Dunk, starring Jay. Quite nice, the effects were very kua chang but still, cool to watch. Jay was acting cool and cute in the show. He looks so adorable! The other basket ballers were the hunky sort. I like. I like! =)

By some sort of don't know what arrangement, OBIL fetched us from Yishun to hubby's Grandma's place. I was of course not too happy that we had to take his car there. I mean, the Grandma's plc is in Yishun, we are already in Yishun, so what's wrong with taking a bus there? Hubby disagree obviously, he said, since we are reaching his Grandma's plc so late, better to go with more ppl, so that less attention will be on us. =/ Whatever it is la. Since it's already over.

I don't really like gng to his Grandma's plc. Coz it's overly crowded with a big MJ table set up in the hall. No space to sit, no space to stand. Plus it's very warm and humid. We had dinner there as well, but it was kind of a rush to eat dinner coz there'll be many many ppl queueing to eat right after you, so I also pai sey to sit there and hog the seat for too long.

The star this year was BB Nicholas. He just turned one. Fat, chubby baby. Very cute. hahaha.. But did not really have a chance to carry him as he's shy and afraid of all the crowd. I guess, the next star is OBIL. Coz he's planning his ROM on 18 Feb and when the relatives asked when is he getting married, his reply was "soon soon, getting flat, considering Yishun". hahahahaha... Quite tiring I think to repeat and repeat.

I had abit of the same too. Had to repeat, "Ya. Still studying. Graduating in Nov 09. No. Not planning Baby yet. After graduation" wah. really is tiring.

But thank God it's a once a year thingy that we go to his Grandma's house. I don't think I can stand it with all the heat, noise and crowd PLUS all the questionings. Went home at about 9pm feeling very warm and sticky. =(

2nd day of CNY - Went to my cousin's place in Sembawang. Chat with them and then played with my 2 nephews. Long time did not see them. Both boys are so big now. Very cheeky. But nice to play lor. Spent the whole afternoon and evening there.

3rd day of CNY - Another movie date with hubby. This time, we went to watch CJ7 at Hub. Lousy show but nice theater! I love the seats and theatre. The show.. waste my $$$. The plot and story is sooo predictable and it's not even funny at all. Stephen Chow has lost his touch. Bleh. After movie, went to Clement & Wise's house for dinner. =D Our little princess was all decked in white. So pretty and cute lor!

We all decided to take a walk at T3 after dinner and while waiting for the adults to get ready, Clara was "talking" to me too! See Godpa!!! Clara also will talk to me ok, not just to u ar!!! *super pleased Godma* I admit...I've been sooo jealous ever since that photo of Clara talking to Godpa la.

That little princess hor, she must like going out ALOT ALOT. While we were in the car, no matter what we say or make any face at her, her laughter just fills the whole car! SOOOOOOO happy and excited to be going out! hahahahah.... her infectious laughter of course also infected all of us, and we laughed along with her. The little darling... awwwww..

Anyway, I think half the population of Singapore is at T3 during this 3rd day of CNY. It was soooooo crowded. We wanted to go to T3 for coffee but end up no choice, had to take the sky trian to T2 for that coffee instead.

4th day of Cny - Nothing much, morning went for mass then had lunch and then we went home. Went to my parent's plc for dinner that night too. Along the way, one of these days, PIL called and asked if we wanted to go to so and so house or even go back home. We din want. Since
1) We had already met that particular so and so.
2) We had plans and not free.
3) I'm kind of lazy to travel.

Another thing I don't really understand, is it a practise to like visit the uncles / aunties house on a rotational basis? Like today go 2nd aunt's hse, tml the same gang to to 4th aunt's hse?? My family NEVER practise such things, so I actually find it a total waste of time and sooo tiring to travel from house to house visiting the same relatives. I mean already seen all, met all at the Grand's hse ma, still need to go round visiting? This year, we had 4 days of CNY holidays, other years, only 2 days, where got so much time to go here go there? Very tiring lei!

Monday was back to work. =( But I doubt many of us really worked coz still like festive mood.
Wed, I was supposed to be on half day. But I was on MC for Wed and Thursday. So, just as well. Save my leave lei!

Went for a good lunch with my mom and 2 sisters, then we just walked round town, sight seeing. Really had an enjoyable afternoon with my mom and sisters. I think this is the first time, the 4 of us went out together like this. Lunch, window shopping and coffee. I feel like a tai tai!

I had to go for my facial at 6pm, my mom has a dinner appt with her friends, my 2 sis were supposed to go home but they again went shopping, so I joined them after my facial for another round. I did not get anything since I've overbought everything prior to CNY. So, it was really really window shopping for me.

Thursday, Valentine's Day and mugging at home. =( No choice. Had 2 assisgments due 1 day after the other. Better do something about it. No time to loose.

Friday.... My Hatch Day. Means another year older. After the 2 days of MC and it was my once a year special day, I decided to put my OT time to good use and claim off today. So, I was nuah-ing at home, supposed to be mugging and preparing for my lessons that evening. Obviously, I did not do as much as I had planned to.... being my birthday, I thought I can slacken and give myself a break. =P

Saturday, Hubby brought me to Hog's Breadth Cafe, but I've already blogged on that... so fast forward to Sunday. It's also a once a year thingy for me, but I definitely have to go to my Kai Ye's plc somewhere in Telok Blangah. It's a home temple kind of thing. So while my family prays and do the necessary, Hubby and I will just sit there waiting for the prayers to end and then tuck in to a scumptous vegetarian meal! =)

That about summarise my CNY holiday.... the rest of the other days were just, eat, work, sleep, study. Nothing interesting about it at all.

Oh! the next most intersting thing was, I struck the Toto Hong Bao draw lei!!! =) But only $20. =(

But then again, this is the first time, I've strike, I got the "02", "15", "19" and "25" so I'm still very happy! =D Point to note hor, is I got the "15" again lei. My birthdate this year seems to be my lucky number lei! whahahahahahahahahahahah Some more hor, I got my full birth date this time too! "1502"·

Shall buy some more then.

HUAT ar!!!!!!!!!!!!

But cannot be too greedy also ok. Buy abit to play play can liao hor. =P

No comments: