Sunday, January 7

THE orientation.

I guess this post is pretty out dated by now. But I was so shell shocked by the news/speech/briefing that the lecturer made, I was completely turned off from even putting it into words and worse of all to blog about it. It makes it even more difficult to avoid by blogging.

I spent the whole day in Uni SIM on Saturday. Morning, was the case study workshop, which was not that bad. Lecture and some brain storming and some simple exercises. Not bad. Then was the orientation proper.

My HOD addressed us and that's where I went into shock.

HOD: Well, as biz students, there will not be exams for some modules.
me: *YAY*
HOD: Will be either individual or group projects to replace the exams.
me: *hmm... not so bad, need good partners in this case.*
HOD: For the projects, you will need to submit a report, powerpoint presentation and a presentation.
me: *wah sey.... but not that bad lar, can handle*
HOD: I will want a 8 min video clip of yourself doing the presentation, complete with lightings, video and voice.
me: *OMGoodness!!!Where to get the equipment to do that 8 min video?!*

And my dear friends and readers, is WHAT I am darn stress over lor! If you know me, usually I'm not that jitterly over presentations.

But this 8 min video thing is freaking me out. Gosh!! Where am I supposed to find a camera crew to shoot me doing THAT presentation? Complete with lightings, voice editing and goodness knows what else?

Then there was the cumulative GPA scoring system. Simply put, each sem got to get at least a a 2.0. Which means a 'C', which is a 50 marks over 100 (passing grade is 40) for each module. Well, you can say 50 over 100 is nothing what, it's the min passing grade. But I look at it this way, there must be a reason why, they put the passing grade as 40. Means it's not that easy to get 50 all the time lor!

If getting that 'C' is not that tough, then listen to this, by the end of first sem, if I don't get an average GPA of 2.0, I will get a blessed warning letter from HOD. Then end of second sem, still no GPA of 2.0, then I will get another blessed warning letter from DEAN. By the third sem, still no 2.0 in sight, congrulate me then, I'm outta of the school!

This average GPA is acheived by adding all the points I got, divide by the number of exams I have taken. Each grade is worth a few points. 'D' is worth 1, 'C' is worth 2 so on and so forth with 5 being the highest. So imagine lor, even if I scape 2 'C's and a 'D' in my first sem, my CGPA is still less than 2!!! I should say, as long as I get a 'D' anywhere and no sight of any 'B' then I will be facing that blessed warning letter!

Am I jumping the gun?

No comments: