Mothers' Day.. A day for those sales ppl out there to take $ fm my own pocket to be placed into theirs. Humph!
And since it falls on a Sunday, we still went for our mass at 11.30 am, as usual, the church wld have sme sort of Mothers' Day celebration. Today, we had 2 children reading poems for us all. Not too bad and the mass was celebrated by Fr Peter Koh. He was quite comical and the conversation went like this.
Fr Peter: My dear child, do you think it is tough to be a mother?
Child 1: I don't know...
Child 2: I don't know! Why are you asking me this?
All: *Burst into laughter*
Fr Peter: *searching for something to say*
Well.. not the best answer but then I guess, what would you expect to come out of the mouth of young children right? haha..
After mass, we went for a quick lunch at the nearby coffee shop coz we are coming back to CTK by 1.30 pm coz Godma's mother is getting baptised. =)
After the chinese baptism then hubby and me quickly went to our friend's BB girl full month celebration. And after that, finally dinner with my mum to celebrate mothers' day. We went for dinner at Ding Tai Feng. Food not too bad, their "soup pao" is not too bad. Not as nice as crystal jade though i feel. They were having a promotion and they gave a small cake for those who spent above $80.
Personally it looks like a little mushroom lor. But hey, do you know tat this cake is from "Breadtalk"? The box in which it came in is the unmistakeable "Breadtalk" box, even that silver card tat says "to mum with love, Ding Tai Feng" has the BT below. So, I guess, not bad lor. Got a free cake. Haha..
My mom soooo mountain turtle leh.. she actually made a wish with the cake. I mean, ppl make wishes on Bday cakes.. but hello!! This is Mothers' Day cake.. or does it work with simply ANY cake? Ha!
Mom cutting "mushroom" look alike cake.
Well, she was bugging me for this 'Four Clover Leaf" which is supposed to bring luck amongst other things. But coz this is pure suspersctious, so I did not. She actually made me quite pissed off with her in the afternoon earlier. She called me and then want me to go wif her to BRAS BASAR to get it! I told her can't, busy today and went on and on. Gosh.. finally she decided to go with my youngest sis to get it.
The silly leaf in a pendant + a necklace costs more than $100!! Goodness!! Robbery! I don't see anything special abt that leaf. And I AM SUPPOSED to pay for it! Sigh.
Quite sore over it.. but I don't want to say anything else, so after dinner, she went to my grand's hse. My sisters went home and hubby and me decided to go to NTUC again. We bought some more items and heee... Guess wat we bought as well..
Actually these are our virgin tub.. we have never tasted B&J Ice Cream till now..
and here's hubby taking his FIRST mouthful...
Verdict?? YUMMYLICIOUS!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment