Let me ask you, dear readers of mine. (Doesn’t matter if there’s only a pathetic few readers that I can finish counting with just 1 hand. I just want some feedback.)
If you just came back to SG after a short holiday and in urgent need to check your email. What will you do? Where will you go?
Or put it this way, if there is such urgency for you to check your mail, would you then ask your sibling to return the car 3 hours later? And then go to the sibling’s house to check emails? Especially when the sibling does not subscribe to internet connection and is tapping on others? When the mentioned said person has a good broadband connection at home waiting for him to use? And also go for dinner some more after getting the car, take an hour long rest at the sibling’s place watching TV?
I think for most people who really has such urgency to check mails/stocks etc will go home or at least to an internet café to do whatever is necessary right?
Well, “CONGRATULATE” me people, I happen to have an OBIL who happens to do just that! Went on a cruise with his GF and reached SG maybe around 2pm. Hubby wanted to return the car to him but he very gallantly let hubby take the car till he is off from work so that hubby does not have to take public transport home. Then, OBIL and his GF wanted to come to our house – to just visit and take a seat and TO CHECK EMAIL!
Damn it!!!
We DON’T have internet connection and we ARE tapping others! Since day 1, he is already aware, so why come?!! And this is not the first time that he wants to come “To check email” lor. I simply don’t understand it, he HAS connection at home, he has the car, he has almost everything that he wants and need. SO WHY DOES HE KEEP LOOKING FOR REASONS/EXCUSES TO COME TO OUR HOUSE?!?!?
Hubby insists that I am just against him, prejudiced against him. Maybe I am. But I don’t think I am. I simply don’t understand why he is doing all these unnecessary things and saying unnecessary things.
I wished hubby had turned him down. Not that OBIL and family cannot even come to our house. But I don’t want to give him the impression that our house is open to his coming and going. By letting him come so easily, it’s like we are very chin chai and ‘welcome him and GF’ to come anytime. I know, they are family and that I should not be so particular when he come or go but I SIMPLY just don’t want to open our house as and when he asked. We will choose WHEN to open our house for visits! Damn it!!!
I admit my opinion of him change ever since I know he broke up with YL and got to know of this current GF. Of course, I know that when it comes to matters of the heart, there is nothing for sure and that even though a couple may have been dating for a long time, there is no guarantee that they will get married. This, I understand and also respect. But what I simply loath about OBIL was the way he treated her! He made her attend our wedding even though they have broken up. Argg!!! This, I will never forget! If not for his actions and words, I would still have some respect for him as an OBIL and also will not be so weary of a tiny action nor a single word that comes from him.
I have not forgotten his words to PIL that we never invite them to our place. So is this the reason that he keeps coming? What about his prior insistence that he rent a room from us in our current empty house?
I have no wish to share my nest with anyone for the time being, much less him! To be honest, I have NO WISH to share our nest with any of the 2 BILs!!!
See lar, I wanted to blog about my interview with the Uni SIM HOD but this OBIL of mine made me so mad that it completely slipped my mind!
Argg!!!!
To cut the whole story short, my interview was at 10.05am at the Admin Office in Uni SIM. Well, the appointment letter did not specify which block, hence I went to the same place that I went when I submitted my application. But it turned out to be the wrong place. Asked around and it finally lead me to Blk 82, which is like further down the road. And gosh, the admin office is so run down!!! *Bleh*
Filled in a survey and so embarrassed when I realized I cannot spell the word “recognize” or more like “recognition” too used to having spell check and also auto correct, even when I pick up a pen, I realized I cannot spell lots of the words anymore. *sigh*
Anyway, the interviewer is the same guy who spoke during the Open House a few weeks ago. I already had a feeling that it’s gonna be him anyway.
He merely asked me 2 main questions. First, why did I choose Uni SIM? Second, why did I choose BSc in Business with Communications. I think I must have done ok. He was not impressed with my answer coz I picked ‘distance’ as the main reason for answering both of his questions. But however, I think today’s interview is merely a formality that the part time students (like me) have to go through. Coz, immediately after answering the questions, the interviewer passed me the acceptance letter. -_-“ and his words “I believe I have something for you, it’s the acceptance letter, all the instructions are inside”
Heh!! So much for “interview being part of the selection process”. I believe, most of the interviewees are already selected candidates! We are told to go down so that the HOD can warn us of the time commitment and stress level that we are to expect and also to hand us the letter.
I think it’s part of the “cut costs, cut waste” project that SIM is adopting from some staff SSS (staff suggestion scheme!). Chey!! Scared me leh. And I was kind worried about this interview since yesterday.
*CHEY*
Friday, October 27
Such an Idiotic move lor!!
Lovingly posted by
Saroette
at
9:48:00 PM


No comments:
Post a Comment