Lo Hei day for me! It's also part of the chinese to eat Lo Hei on 7th day of CNY. But then again, as long as CNY, almost everyday is an excuse to eat Lo Hei!
To put in a nutshell, Lo Hei are mainly veg wif lots of other auspicious items mixed together. Half the fun of eating Lo Hei.. the is "Lo-ing" where all the ppl will stand rnd the dish and each will try to mix the veg as high as possible saying all sorts of good things.. then when the veg and the ingredients are well mixed, it't time to dig in!
It's also a bz day for hubby and me. Had my colleagues come over in the afternoon for popiah party... (which is y I was preparing the ingredients yesterday!) Surprisingly, Aw was the earliest to reach, followed by Shi Yun, followed by Irene and her bf, Mel. The last to arrive were the following, KAN EE MAY, ONG ZHEN LING and TAN BENG YONG! Goodness, lunch was supposed to start at 1pm, by the time the 3 latecommers arrive, all have left except for Aw. So it's like -3+3, brings back to the same number of ppl who are here.
When the finally came, we gave them a loud cheer to express welcome..haha.. they they went into y they took so long to come.. 1) EM overslept 2) BY took them onto the wrong bus 3) they refused to take a cab down from wherever they are..
There were so much food left over that we had to play silly games to force mre food dw each other's throat... but it was fun lar... really enjoyed myself with them. After such a heavy lunch, we settled dw to play Blackjack.. This gambling thingy is so common among us chinese, especially during the CNY period. Everyone will gamble somehow, some day.
They stayed for quite a while.. till abt 6 where we took sme group photos and things then after tat they each went on their way coz my 2nd grp of friends, who comprises of my Godma and family, Bro Daniel and family as well as hubby's Godpa (w/o family!) Don't get me wrong, not tat he has no family just that he din bring them lor.
Another rnd of Lo Hei and then mre popiah for the day. I think it has really been a super super long time ago that I ate so healthily for lunch and dinner. As we all know popiah only consists of veg and muang kuang. V little of anything else.
But too much of the good things still not tat good after all... ate soooooo much veg today... popiah x don't know how many rolls... Lo Hei x 2 times... (not to mention last nite in CTK, we had home made Lo Hei for refreshment too) so the whole day, intake are all veg... healthy system within me starts today!
After dinner, we just snack (food again!) at the dinning table and then chit chat.. before long, another round of blackjack... Bro's son, Jarren.. wah lau... has the makings of a pro gambler.. before he takes each card, he will peep and then blow or say a prayer or whatever... his voice was really loud especially when he got all excited and start shouting it really peirece my ears.. while we were playing, Bro's girl, Chole was jumping on my sofa -_-" hai... Y does kids like to do that? No idea... but I cannot take it. So i just call her name and stare at her and she stop... I think this is the "if looks can kill" stance of mine that hubby always comment on lor..
Haha... after all these, we are dead tired... but after they left, I vaccumm the floor while hubby mopped up. So not so bad lar.. He helped arnd the hse and we manage to get things done rather fast.
Enjoyable day for all I assume, I had fun, best is coz this is at my home, I can do whatever I want and leave as late as I want.. coz din have to travel. The only thing not good is we got to clear up lor.
V fast, CNY is already more than half gone. Every year, we hv sme kinda gathering wif Godma and Bro. But this yr, we added in hubby's Godpa partly coz in this way, we can grow closer and also coz we were hoping Godpa's wife can influence Bro's wife to the christian community.. well.. c how lar.. things are in HIS ctrl.
Tiring day all rnd I guess..
Saturday, February 4
Lo Hei! Lo Hei!!
Lovingly posted by
Saroette
at
12:29:00 AM


No comments:
Post a Comment