Wah... today, I have turned into the chef! Coz preparing for 2 popiah parties tml takes time, so today is the day where I prepare the ingredients with the help of Godma who is working in office!
Whenever I run into problems or doubts, the first person I think of is Godma.. and our typical calls will go like this...
Ring Ring
me: Hello, Godma ar.
Godma: Hello,yar. What?
me: I shelling the prawns now. How do you want me to cut ar?
Godma: Slice it lor.
me: huh? Slice? means cut straight down?
Godma: no lar, tat 1 is call diced lar. Slice is erm.. aiyah.. how to tell u?
me:???
Godma: U don't know wat is sliced?
me: Dont know lar.
Godma: er... normally when u cut the knife faces down right?
me: yar..
Godma: then put ur knife in erm.. sleeping position and cut as thinly as u can.
me: so the prawns are in the shape of the 'C' lar... cut out still like tat lar?
Godma: yar..
... ...
wah.. never knew cutting / slicing prawns also so much yan jiu.. and this is not the only thing. Had to slice the lap cheong at an angle... and eggs got to mash... and luckily tat's all.
But!! Alone on slicing prawns and slicing lap cheong, took me a day! Guess.. I'm not so great a chef after all..
Friday, February 3
Me the CHEF =)
Lovingly posted by
Saroette
at
10:39:00 PM


No comments:
Post a Comment