And this is to be expected.
I've been shopping, shopping and shopping non stop for the last 3 or 4 days in a row! Though I've been on my feet for so long, hunting and shopping, I'm very disappointed to say that the shops are such a disappointment! Honestly, I din buy much, considering the fact that I've been shopping all these days.
Thursday, 13 Dec. Day 1 of shopping
Shopping with Godma and Nicole. We hit Marine Parade early in the morning. All I got there was 2 miserable tank tops from Isetan, MNG, which is honestly nothing since I can't be wearing tank tops to office all the time. Managed to get Christmas presents for the kids too. Hengs!
We thought we'll have better luck if we move to Tampines Mall. Which prove to be worse!!! There is absolutely NOTHING worth buying! Within 5 mins, we head out of Tampines Mall and at this moment in time, Nicole made a brillant suggestion! She suggested People's Park. Weird place? Kind of, but at least the things there are something different and the prices reasonable!
And I manage to get a yellow / grey tunic, a polka dot skirt and a nice purple top! After a whole day of shopping in the malls and nothing, I was very happy with the tunic, skirt and top. Best of all, it's only $80 for all 3 items, which works out to be about $27 each.
I asked Godma to cart my things home, since I'm meeting Tri for dinner at Suntec and I did not want to bring all the things with me over town. She very kindly did that for me. =) Had a nice steamboat buffet dinner with Tri before she goes to BKK / Taiwan. As usual la, put the 2 of us together, we'll chat about anything and everything.
My loot for the day, 2 tank tops from MNG, 1 tunic, 1 polka dot skirt and 1 purple top. Damage at a mere $94.
Friday, 14 Dec. Day 2 of shopping
Another day with Godma. But this time, we had Bro with us. We went for a nice Penang Food Buffet at OCC, before Godma flies off to Holyland. We were all so stuff with food that the moment we got up, we felt like puking. Food was good, that explains why we were so stuff out. We can't even bear the thought of getting into Bro's car as the moment will definitely bring up all the food. We hang around the golf range and chit chat. Nice weather too. Breezy and then rain, so it was very cooling. =)
Bro needs to get back to office so he dropped us at the nearest MRT station and Godma and I went to Causeway Point in the hope of getting something. The shops are repeats of the malls and after yesterday's disappointment, we both walk around feeling disheartened and did not carry much hope.
But finally, after walking for sooo long and in search of office wear, I finally found something. By chance, we walked into DANO and I found nice office skirts! A little pricey at $49 but there's 25% discount for DBS card holders. So end up, I paid about $37 for each skirt. My skirt can lasts very long, so I guess, for that price, it's considered as reasonable.
Godma walked away with a little handbag and another tunic while in the same shop and her damage was close to $70 while mine was at $150. Twice her amount!! =(
Went down to Metro as I need to get a present for Hubby and since I already know what I want to get, within 10 mins I was done.
Finally, some working pieces for myself. Pricey but no choice too.
Saturday, 15 Dec.
Hubby was working and I woke up late. Decided to take a break and not hit the towns especially since it's the weekend, the crowd in town is going to be crazy and it's going to be full of last minute shoppers. Stayed home and rest and also forced myself to do some household chores. I'm on leave for so long but not doing anything, high time to move my butt. I figured.
Supposed to go to J8 for midnight shopping but it was raining the whole day. We got lazy and just decided to order in Pizza and rest in front of TV.
Sunday, 16 Dec. Day 3 of shopping
As usual, Mass in the morning. Had lunch with Jeff and Emma at Bishan and then I forced the 2 guys to walk with me to digest off those kilos after Emma left with Atina to catch Warlords.
I actually din plan to get anything after all, I've hit 2 big malls and probably have seen almost everything. Yet, I still managed to get a dress at PurPur. I already saw this dress in Woodlands, just that no discount then so not willing to spend so much, J8 had 20% off so decided to get it together with a belt.
Damage was $42.
Monday, 17 Dec. Working Day
Poor me, though on leave, still went back to office to clear work as I needed my mgr to sign documents! I thought I could leave by lunch, who knows. Was delayed till 3pm!
Finally left and went to Square 2 to pick up my contact lens and bought a box of donuts from Donuts Factory. First time to the branch in Novena and wow. That branch is big enough to actually have seats for the customers to enjoy their donuts with a cuppa!
Tuesday, 18 Dec. Day 4 of shopping
Brought my youngest sis to Far East Plaza and she bought so much things... on my expense account. Told her will bring her shopping since I cannot stand the way she dresses when she goes to school, bought her some new clothes which she can wear when she go to school and even save 1 or 2 pieces for the coming CNY.
2 tops, 2 tunics, 1 dress, 1 MNG shorts and 2 pairs of leggings plus a haircut within a day for her and all I got for myself was a belt and 2 tops. Better than nothing, at least got 2 tops. Moreover, Far East, all the young young things, can get something for myself, I think it's pretty good.
Wednesday, 19 Dec. Day 5 of shopping
This time, I hit town with Irene. She bought LOTS. I really mean LOTS!!! Can't really remember what she bought but her hands are carrying as much as 5 bags of shopping loot at a point in time. Which we tried to squeeze smaller things into the bigger bags to save space and carrying.
Halfway thru, we both decided that we need a break. And the nearest place was this little cozy cafe tucked inside CK Tangs itself. Both of us had never been there, hence we decided it was the best bet. Furthermore, it will allow us to continue shopping at Tangs when we are done too.
Island Cafe.
They have the afternoon tea promotion. A slice of cake and a coffee / tea or Cappuccino priced at $6.50. We felt it was just reasonably priced too. I had Blueberry Cheese with Cappuccino and Irene had something chocolate and coffee.
Upon seeing her slice of Cake, I immediately regretted my choice! Hers was sooo huge and from her look, I bet it tasted heavenly! But I was having sore throat, hence I should not be eating any chocolates for the time being, hence the Blueberry Cheese. Well, mine's pretty good too. Soft and cheesy!
Anyway, I got myself 2 pairs of shoes and a top from MNG. Damage for myself was about $100 I think, plus or minus. More likely plus.
With 5 days of shopping, I secured for myself 1 tunic, 1 dress, 2 belts, 2 pairs of shoes, 4 tops and 5 skirts. I still feel it's not a lot since I spent 5 days looking and searching, but it is a good start. Erm... Not a good start. I must stop shopping for now already. Way too much money spent on the loots already. Which I think is approximately $460... that does not include all the food that were being paid and consumed nor my sis's loots. In a matter of weeks, I've spent that much on clothings... Sounds very sinful to waste good money like that. But then again, clothes is also a necessity right? Just that, may not need as many as I've been buying and buying. =(
Anyway, this shall be enough to last me over for CNY and till the GSS in June 08 then. =) I am too lazy to take photos of my loot to post it up... Hence, no photos at all.
Friday, December 21
Very busy and tired.
Lovingly posted by
Saroette
at
1:35:00 PM


No comments:
Post a Comment