Was browsing through and also in the midst of clearing up the photos in my hp and came across some photos... And I know that I wanna blog about all these. Just that work has hit the "Code Red" standard thus I do not have the time to do so during office hours. Wanted to blog at night but totally forgot about it till now... So ya, finally. Here they are.
Starting off with the new Indian store in the school canteen, which has gone through a 2 week renovation eons ago...
This store sells Pratas. Different kinds. As a meal or as desert! Cheese prata, mushroom prata, CHOCOLATE prata... Plain or egg. You choose!
Here is the Mushroom Prata. Nice and crispy on the outside. Soft and fluffy inside, filled with lots of sliced button mushrooms. PLUS the curry is soo good!
And this is the Paper Thosai. Thin and crispy! The way I like it! Shiok! Felt as though I was eating biscuit. I like!!!
And the worse thing is, I had BOTH for lunch!
Heavy lei!!! I felt so sleepy after that. Actually, it was because, I did not expect both to be so big!!! Usually paper things are quite light, so I ordered 1 more item to go with it. And I barely had room to fit both into my stomach! But it was good! Really very good!
I heard, this stall is a subsidiary of "The Prata House" wor.... So come on down to my campus and give it a shot la. Some more, it's cheaper than what you'll have to pay in Prata House lor.
Then!! Today, an ex colleague came back for a visit and with her visit, she brought along some dough nuts for us. It's not any branded dough nut but it sure looked pretty!
Don't you think it's too pretty for words?
And when I bite into it, it's soft and not overly sweet! I like. =) Speaking of dough nuts, I've YET to try those from Factory Dough nuts.. since every time, I pass by, the queue is snaking itself round and round various shops. So I decided to give it a miss!
Also, I know this is currently the lunar 7th month. But come next month it's the Mid Autumn's Festival and along with it, my all time favorite biscuit will be available... in fact, it's ALREADY available.
Don't you remember as a kid, you'll get to eat those mooncake crust biscuit in the shape of a small pig in small, plastic, colourful basket? I used to nibble nibble on the biscuit so that the biscuit will last and last. And I usually bite off the butt and slowly work my way up to the head, then the snout of the piggy too!
Or even when the adults are eating the moon cakes, I'll just bite off the crust =P and leave the fillings there... Then after finishing off the biscuit, I'll hang the baskets all round the house and pretend that they are little little lanterns! After all, another highlight of mid autumn is the lighting and parading round the park with lighted, paper, plastic musical lanterns!
I remembered my granny will be screaming her head off at me to keep the baskets or to throw it away. I used to have so many!! Red, Green, Blue, Purple and Pinks! I had them all! =P But of course, I did not keep since every year, I'll definitely get to have some more.
This year, of course, I got myself the biscuits. My mom saw me eyeing them when I went to buy bread and she immediately asked me, "want to eat har? take lor" =D Mom knows me best! To date, I've already eaten 2 (and mid autumn is NOT even round the corner yet!!!) and I have another 1 in the food basket.... soon... soon.
Little Miss Piggy waiting to be dissolve in my mouth!
I've no idea why. But I simply LOVE this piggy biscuit! hahahaha...
Thursday, August 23
Random Post
Lovingly posted by
Saroette
at
10:54:00 PM


No comments:
Post a Comment